Am I the Only One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the Only One?

We just finished the second coldest December in history. That combined with family commitments, has prevented me from riding yet this season. And we are still in a deep freeze.

Anyone else not able to get out and ride yet?
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

The arctic cold has kept me from getting out as much as I would have liked. I feel really bad for you having not gotten out at all.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I haven't been out as much as I'd like due to the ridiculous cold.

A couple of the -20 wind chill days I was able to get out and make a few runs, but it's just not as fun when you're freezing the whole time.

Comment

Too cold to ski .... that sucks!!!
        Boards:
        2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
        2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
        2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
        2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
        2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
        2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
        2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
        2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

I havent skied yet this year. I don't even have any good excuses like you do.
          www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
          DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
          Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
          GGO soft boot bindings
          Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

19 days so far this year:-)

Am I on top of the list?

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!
            33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
              19 days so far this year:-)

Am I on top of the list?

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!
              Most likely.
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Tomorrow will be my first day out this season, and there is an expected wind chill of -18. The ticket was only $9, though, so I figure it's worth it even if I only last a few hours. With conditions at Bohemia looking epic, I'm determined to whip myself into as much shape as possible before the Midwest Meet 5.1 in three weeks.
                RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I have been out 11 times so far this season and am very happy to have been out so much before the 1st of the year. I have made a commitment to ride whatever conditions are on the mountain with a smile on my face and peace in my heart and so far that has been the case.
                  In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                  Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

A 4 day extended weekend blitz for me from Dec 28-31st. -25C/-13F windchills though that was easily amplified with 60km/h gusts. After the first day I was wearing 3 spandex-polyester thermal layers and thick or thin fleece pants over that depending on the conditions forecast then my snowboard pants. For shirts I started with a polyester stretch tank, 2 thermal stretch fitted long sleeve shirts, cotton/poly thermal henley or button up fleece then a fall 1/4 zip poly fleece lined shirt and Burton shell jacket. AuClair fleece gloves worn inside removable fleece line mitts, Bula fleece neck gator pulled up tight to the goggles and tucked under the helmet. I was warm most of the time unless I had to take the gloves off where the hands would instantly freeze. Lots of people weren't dressed for it, lol. It was a cold trip but worth it.
                    Boards: RVL*8 '08 Revolt Chicken's, Canon M7 Black, Line Fly 4 post
                    Bindings: Line FF Pro, Groove Red X1
                    Gear: Dalbello CRX Freeride CarveX, Bern Baker Hard Hat, VZ Fishbowl's & Fubar's, Anon Comrade

Comment

Originally posted by zman View Post
                      A 4 day extended weekend blitz for me from Dec 28-31st. -25C/-13F windchills though that was easily amplified with 60km/h gusts. After the first day I was wearing 3 spandex-polyester thermal layers and thick or thin fleece pants over that depending on the conditions forecast then my snowboard pants. For shirts I started with a polyester stretch tank, 2 thermal stretch fitted long sleeve shirts, cotton/poly thermal henley or button up fleece then a fall 1/4 zip poly fleece lined shirt and Burton shell jacket. AuClair fleece gloves worn inside removable fleece line mitts, Bula fleece neck gator pulled up tight to the goggles and tucked under the helmet. I was warm most of the time unless I had to take the gloves off where the hands would instantly freeze. Lots of people weren't dressed for it, lol. It was a cold trip but worth it.
                      Zman,

One word for you, brother - Geese. You need some 850 down in your life. Put on a base layer, an 850 down anorak and a windshell. Polar bears will envy your warmth. Also, if you do not use poles, down mittens are killer. Personally, I'm a fan of down mittens made with pittard leather. Although, I've yet to find a pittard mitten with a snot wiper. I'm sorry, I mean a goggle wipe material at the thumb. (Never ceases to make me laugh that one - goggle wipe. Yea, right. Any materials wipes powder off of goggles and no material wipes ice off. It's a snot wiper.)
                      "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Could you send some of that cold-weather our way?
                        We haven't had any measurable snow in a month and today's high will be 45. Ugh!
                        Bnouf and I are going to go rock hopping today. Even the man-made snow out here is not in great shape !
                        rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                        ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Same in southern Utah. 27" base is a lie. Although it seems wrong to complain when our temps will be 74 degrees today when there is so much cold around the nation.
                          64 CM Bigfoot’s
                          100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
                          110 CM Rockered Condors
                          130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
                            Zman,

One word for you, brother - Geese. You need some 850 down in your life. Put on a base layer, an 850 down anorak and a windshell. Polar bears will envy your warmth.
                            I've never paid much attention to those style jackets/vests as they looked silly, not very durable and thin. I assumed they were stand cool weather wear or just a fashion trend. Perhaps it's exactly what I need on those bitter days as my Burton shell is just that, no insulating qualities. I've seen them everywhere before Christmas, most likely on sale now. Thanks for the suggestion!
                            Boards: RVL*8 '08 Revolt Chicken's, Canon M7 Black, Line Fly 4 post
                            Bindings: Line FF Pro, Groove Red X1
                            Gear: Dalbello CRX Freeride CarveX, Bern Baker Hard Hat, VZ Fishbowl's & Fubar's, Anon Comrade

Comment

Like my fellow Californians Rickylink & Can will attest, it has been anything but cold here. Went up to Northstar last week and Kirkwood the week before. Almost felt like I was at the beach. At least it has been cold enough at night to make snow - and I think the lack of good snow has kept a lot of the people off the slopes. Fingers crossed that some big ol' storms will hit Tahoe before Shredfest. Is it really true that us west coasters are envying you east coasters for your snow?

Comment

Working...
                              X