Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What board / binding are you riding this year?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickylink
    replied
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• Steeps
    replied
    So far I've been on the Spliffs this season, with DLPs ready to go and a new set of Playmakers on the way...

Leave a comment:

• ysb33r
    replied
    Mostly Slingshots, Crossbows, Sticky Ickys (in that descending order) for downhill. Invertigos for touring.

Leave a comment:

• rickylink
    replied
    Nice!

rickylink

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Riding my Revel Blunts at Winter Park, Colorado "Is there any other skiboard" :-) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1206.jpeg
Views:	187
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	264283
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rickylink
    replied
    Playmakers are on their way. Should get them by the end of the week. Just in time for Christmas!
    I'll keep you posted on how they work over Christmas and the New Year in Mammoth

rickylink

Leave a comment:

• Steeps
    replied
    At least pow crashes don't hurt too much! Had a good tip-catch-and-roll with the DLPs on Saturday, but managed to come out of it on my feet and keep riding. Receptors are good for that...

Leave a comment:

• DreGarciaTAT2
    replied
    Originally posted by Steeps View Post
    I like to ride.

I've been riding with buddies lately, so it was good to get a solo day in to charge. I'll be away this weekend so I had to make some laps while I could.
    I recently took my biggest crash due to pow as well. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Steeps
    replied
    I like to ride.

I've been riding with buddies lately, so it was good to get a solo day in to charge. I'll be away this weekend so I had to make some laps while I could.

Leave a comment:

• jjue
    replied

Took the Spliffs out first thing this morning but switched up after taking one of my biggest falls (and longest post-crash slides) of the year. Will probably post the crash when I get my video game together - knocked the GoPro off my helmet but at least it rolled downhill and was easy to find. There was fresh on top but it was still pretty crunchy underneath. DLPs did ace for the rest of the day, including some powder stash missions; did somewhere around 45,000 ft of vertical total.
    Wow glad you are ok ! pretty hardcore !, taking that fall and then changing boards and going all out !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Steeps
    replied
    Setback helps. I have my Receptors set back almost as much as possible on both sets (mounting holes and boot position), although I'm thinking about centering the DLPs a bit more since they rarely come out in pow.

Took the Spliffs out first thing this morning but switched up after taking one of my biggest falls (and longest post-crash slides) of the year. Will probably post the crash when I get my video game together - knocked the GoPro off my helmet but at least it rolled downhill and was easy to find. There was fresh on top but it was still pretty crunchy underneath. DLPs did ace for the rest of the day, including some powder stash missions; did somewhere around 45,000 ft of vertical total.

Leave a comment:

• jjue
    replied
    I ride the DLPs and the Spliffs set back 4cm either with a Zero pro nonreleaser which allows a big setback or with the new inserts that allow a setback for the Spruce riser. That way I never have to worry about tip dive on either board in soft or variable snow. I do tend to lean forward more on carving in firm snow to compensate for the set back.

Leave a comment:

• Steeps
    replied
    Yep, it makes a really great big-mountain quiver of 2, with a crossover point around 5 - 10 cm of fresh snow. One or the other will take anything I want to ride.

I've been back on the DLPs for a couple of days... I always forget what a scary-precise board they are. The first afternoon out the edges felt a bit too sharp, but I've managed to "detune" them a hair since (from riding, and maybe kissing a rock or two). Perfect for hacking down hardpack moguls and ripping trashed-out groomer runs. You need to stay on them and can't get away with being as loosey-goosey as with the Spliffs, but they go exactly where you tell them. Also rock solid for landing drops and jumps, so they're a confidence builder when things get fast and droppy through the trees.

They do tend to catch tip in powder and dump me on my head once in a while, but that's partly down to being too dependent on the Spliff's rocker powers. I'm used to being able to just ride through anything and not worry about the tips when I'm Spliffing.

Leave a comment:

• jjue
    replied
    I'm on new pairs of Spliffs and DLPs this year with Receptors, replacing older sets that I rode into the ground. They're still the ultimate quiver of two for what I ride. Mind you, they're the only RVL8 boards I've tried, so who knows? Hit at least one day this year that I would have liked to try a pair of RCs out for, but the Spliffs still do fine in the deep stuff.

It was weird riding boards with sharp edges again, but I've managed to de-tune the Spiffs pretty quickly on the rocks at the Horse. Serrated edges cut better, right?

No core shots yet. Haven't tried the DLPs out (did lend them to a buddy) but they might see some use this weekend if we don't get snow. I'll probably pull them out for my next big vertical day, possibly Saturday. If we get a good dump I'll be too busy playing on the Spliffs.
    That's a great quiver to cover all conditions!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Steeps
    replied
    I'm on new pairs of Spliffs and DLPs this year with Receptors, replacing older sets that I rode into the ground. They're still the ultimate quiver of two for what I ride. Mind you, they're the only RVL8 boards I've tried, so who knows? Hit at least one day this year that I would have liked to try a pair of RCs out for, but the Spliffs still do fine in the deep stuff.

It was weird riding boards with sharp edges again, but I've managed to de-tune the Spiffs pretty quickly on the rocks at the Horse. Serrated edges cut better, right?

No core shots yet. Haven't tried the DLPs out (did lend them to a buddy) but they might see some use this weekend if we don't get snow. I'll probably pull them out for my next big vertical day, possibly Saturday. If we get a good dump I'll be too busy playing on the Spliffs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X