Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What board / binding are you riding this year?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaysz666 View Post
    still ridding old school stuff....I'm I the only one?

I still ride my old Mike nick pro's which are still in excellent shape and still got another pair almost never used that I bought in 2002 when I was affraid to not be able to find skiboards anymore... I'm I the only one still using old school stuff. its been probably 10 year since my last visit here...
    Just back from a few good days in Austria on my 2007 ALP 110s. Oldies but goodies.

Slight updates this year with some Line FF Pro bindings and a pair of Scarpa AT boots. All felt good on the snow and boots a lot nicer to walk in.

Comment

• I'm on new pairs of Spliffs and DLPs this year with Receptors, replacing older sets that I rode into the ground. They're still the ultimate quiver of two for what I ride. Mind you, they're the only RVL8 boards I've tried, so who knows? Hit at least one day this year that I would have liked to try a pair of RCs out for, but the Spliffs still do fine in the deep stuff.

It was weird riding boards with sharp edges again, but I've managed to de-tune the Spiffs pretty quickly on the rocks at the Horse. Serrated edges cut better, right?

No core shots yet. Haven't tried the DLPs out (did lend them to a buddy) but they might see some use this weekend if we don't get snow. I'll probably pull them out for my next big vertical day, possibly Saturday. If we get a good dump I'll be too busy playing on the Spliffs.
      BOARDSLAYER
      Base / Edge Destruction X X X
      Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeps View Post
        I'm on new pairs of Spliffs and DLPs this year with Receptors, replacing older sets that I rode into the ground. They're still the ultimate quiver of two for what I ride. Mind you, they're the only RVL8 boards I've tried, so who knows? Hit at least one day this year that I would have liked to try a pair of RCs out for, but the Spliffs still do fine in the deep stuff.

It was weird riding boards with sharp edges again, but I've managed to de-tune the Spiffs pretty quickly on the rocks at the Horse. Serrated edges cut better, right?

No core shots yet. Haven't tried the DLPs out (did lend them to a buddy) but they might see some use this weekend if we don't get snow. I'll probably pull them out for my next big vertical day, possibly Saturday. If we get a good dump I'll be too busy playing on the Spliffs.
        That's a great quiver to cover all conditions!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Zero Pro Non release Binding
        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

• Yep, it makes a really great big-mountain quiver of 2, with a crossover point around 5 - 10 cm of fresh snow. One or the other will take anything I want to ride.

I've been back on the DLPs for a couple of days... I always forget what a scary-precise board they are. The first afternoon out the edges felt a bit too sharp, but I've managed to "detune" them a hair since (from riding, and maybe kissing a rock or two). Perfect for hacking down hardpack moguls and ripping trashed-out groomer runs. You need to stay on them and can't get away with being as loosey-goosey as with the Spliffs, but they go exactly where you tell them. Also rock solid for landing drops and jumps, so they're a confidence builder when things get fast and droppy through the trees.

They do tend to catch tip in powder and dump me on my head once in a while, but that's partly down to being too dependent on the Spliff's rocker powers. I'm used to being able to just ride through anything and not worry about the tips when I'm Spliffing.
          BOARDSLAYER
          Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

• I ride the DLPs and the Spliffs set back 4cm either with a Zero pro nonreleaser which allows a big setback or with the new inserts that allow a setback for the Spruce riser. That way I never have to worry about tip dive on either board in soft or variable snow. I do tend to lean forward more on carving in firm snow to compensate for the set back.
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

• Setback helps. I have my Receptors set back almost as much as possible on both sets (mounting holes and boot position), although I'm thinking about centering the DLPs a bit more since they rarely come out in pow.

Took the Spliffs out first thing this morning but switched up after taking one of my biggest falls (and longest post-crash slides) of the year. Will probably post the crash when I get my video game together - knocked the GoPro off my helmet but at least it rolled downhill and was easy to find. There was fresh on top but it was still pretty crunchy underneath. DLPs did ace for the rest of the day, including some powder stash missions; did somewhere around 45,000 ft of vertical total.
              BOARDSLAYER
              Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Took the Spliffs out first thing this morning but switched up after taking one of my biggest falls (and longest post-crash slides) of the year. Will probably post the crash when I get my video game together - knocked the GoPro off my helmet but at least it rolled downhill and was easy to find. There was fresh on top but it was still pretty crunchy underneath. DLPs did ace for the rest of the day, including some powder stash missions; did somewhere around 45,000 ft of vertical total.
                Wow glad you are ok ! pretty hardcore !, taking that fall and then changing boards and going all out !!!!

Boards :
                Boots
                Bindings:

Comment

• I like to ride.

I've been riding with buddies lately, so it was good to get a solo day in to charge. I'll be away this weekend so I had to make some laps while I could.
                  BOARDSLAYER
                  Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

I like to ride.

I've been riding with buddies lately, so it was good to get a solo day in to charge. I'll be away this weekend so I had to make some laps while I could.
                    I recently took my biggest crash due to pow as well. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• At least pow crashes don't hurt too much! Had a good tip-catch-and-roll with the DLPs on Saturday, but managed to come out of it on my feet and keep riding. Receptors are good for that...
                      BOARDSLAYER
                      Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

• Playmakers are on their way. Should get them by the end of the week. Just in time for Christmas!
                        I'll keep you posted on how they work over Christmas and the New Year in Mammoth

rickylink

rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                        ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

• Riding my Revel Blunts at Winter Park, Colorado "Is there any other skiboard" :-) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1206.jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	264283
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Nice!

rickylink

rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                            ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

• Mostly Slingshots, Crossbows, Sticky Ickys (in that descending order) for downhill. Invertigos for touring.
                              Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                              Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                              Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

• So far I've been on the Spliffs this season, with DLPs ready to go and a new set of Playmakers on the way...
                                BOARDSLAYER
                                Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Working...
                                X