Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What board / binding are you riding this year?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blunts with Bombers if I can find my balance on them
    Coda, DS110 and 125LE with TO custom bindings to learn more about each of them
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

2013 regular Condors with receptors. Also planning to demo the Blunts and maybe RCs if I have the funds to spare.

Comment

Will be riding soft ALPs--my sweet spot--for almost everything
        After working to strengthen ankles, hoping to be able to ride those wide KTPs more aggressively all day without ankle fatigue cuz they're so damn fun
        Praying for enough powder to need poles with the 125s or Sherpas for at least a few days this year
        Like everybody, curious to try the Blunts...
        '07 "soft" ALPs
        Eyeball DLPs
        125 LEs
        Ospreys mounted bindings
        Crossbows
        Spruce riser release bindings
        Sometimes borrower of Chad's spare Blunt XLs

Comment

120's and 125's. The 125's may have slipped in there ahead of the 120's at the top of the class, but you don't unseat the long-time champ without a rematch.

RC's with RE softboot bindings. Blunts with the same setup. "On paper" the Blunts appear to be made for that match.

Sherpas in certain conditions, and assorted experimental concoctions.

Comment

It seems a lot of people will be riding blunts!, that's awesome. I can't wait to see all of your pictures or videos of them in action.

-B
            sigpic

Comment

B.L.U.N.T.S. -- I can't wait to give these a go. Experiencing the Line 96's last year makes me believe these will be killer boards. I think I am going to get a pair of my FF-pro's powder coated black and white, to match with these guys.

Other then that, I have my Hiero's with orange FF-pro's as backups. My girlfriend will be continuing on Snowjam 90 TT's.

This makes me want to unload other pairs of boards I have: 2013 Marauders for cheap (beat up topsheet), 2 pairs of Line Weapons (one pair beat up-perfect for urban shredding, the other pair ridden once-good shape), Summit Custom old school Woodie 110's (ridden about twice-good shape). All for sale!!!

Comment

I added a picture to my Original Post of my 2 sets-ups!

-B
                sigpic

Comment

Preflexing the boards for tomorrow, vid's pictures to follow

-B

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                    I'll be on the Rockered Condors predominantly, but I'll probably also spend time on the KTP's and '96 Lines.

For bindings, I'm sticking with my step-in Bombers. The setup has all the lateral rigidity that I need to control the wide boards, and I love the convenience of the step-in interface.

Long time!
                    what'sstep-in bombers? I never heard or seen it. you got pictures of them?

I'll be riding KTP and DLP with R8 receptors!

2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

Originally posted by JPARK View Post
                      Long time!
                      what'sstep-in bombers? I never heard or seen it. you got pictures of them?
                      Here's Tim's review:

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...step+in+bomber

Comment

99 Dynastar Twin Boards with Canon TD-1 bindings most of the time, or Yellow 120s with Spruce Pros when there is lots of snow!

All my R8 boards are broken D:

Might also bust out my Groove Retros for kicks.
                        Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

RC's with softboot bindings!

I only made it out 3 times last year but after the second run on the RC's I was bombing down a powder filled black diamond run at Mt Ashland. I'm working with my cousin to help him get set up on some Condors or maybe the RC's with the Technine Bindings in a couple of weeks. We are hoping to hit up Steven's Pass in Washington a few times in December.

Comment

Just got my new Slapdashes last week which are replacing my old 2007 BWPs that I bought used from someone here 3 or 4 seasons ago. Moving my Roxy/Spruce release bindings over to the new boards asap.

I am really intrigued by the Blunts, maybe next season! The new Slapdashes look beautiful, btw. I can't wait to take them out on the slopes. Hopefully this weekend, if not sooner. We are supposed to get more snow tonight/tomorrow here in the mid-Atlantic!
                            Skiboard quiver:
                            2024 RVL*8 104cm SII
                            2021 RVL*8 90cm Tansho
                            2013 RVL*8 98cm Slapdash
                            2007 RVL*8 98cm BWP (retired)

Alpina XTrack 70 boots
                            Tyrolia SX10 bindings on black Spruce Risers that get swapped around

Comment

I'm rockin the New RVL8 Revolt Tree's and the red modified Sims snowbaord bindings.
                              They slice through the snow like a dream, despite the top strap being a tad large.
                              Last edited by Greco; 09-22-2015, 04:47 PM.
                              Drops cliffs not bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostwolf View Post
                                I'm rockin the New Revel8 Revolt Tree's and the red modified Sims snowbaord bindings.
                                They slice through the snow like a dream, despite the top strap being a tad large.

Hello Ghostwolf, welcome to the forum ! glad you are having fun on the Trees with the Sims bindings... when you say the top strap too large ., do you mean it fits too loosely even when you ratchet it down? , this is easily remedied by removing the screw holding the top strap to the wings and reattaching with a hole closer to the front of the strap and then reattaching the screw .... hope that helps ..
                                Boards :
                                Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                                Boots
                                K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                                Bindings:
                                Zero Pro Non release Binding
                                Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                                Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                                Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                                Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Working...
                                X