Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Official Announcement On My Skiboarding Career

Dear Fellow Shredders,

I am officially retiring from skiboarding. Thank you for all of the great memories made along the way with all of the great friends and people I've met.

I will be releasing my final edit in eight days.

Enjoy all that you love and shred life.

Best Regards,

Dave "Hollywood" Bloom
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Bye . . . .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Comment

Sorry to see you go. I think you'll find it not that easy to give up skiboarding. It's too fun!
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Sorry to hear you are retiring. It's a big loss to the sport.

Any reasons for the retirement that you are able to share? Just curious as you are a little young to be "retiring" from anything.
        Boards:
        2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
        2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
        2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
        2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
        2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
        2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
        2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
        2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Sorry to hear. What are your plans in retirement?
          sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Arizona is the new Florida, everyone moves here to retire.
            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I didn't move here to Phoenix in order to retire. I moved here because I have always been someone who loves the heat and disliked the weather, among other things, in Colorado. I absolutely love living in Phoenix and am truly enjoying the life I am living.

Prior to beginning skiboarding and moving to Colorado, which subsequently happened because I began skiboarding several months earlier, I had a band and played music with others daily, lived life centered around my love for fitness, had a strong core group of friends that liked to go out and do things regularly, lived in a populated place with lots of shopping, buildings, and culture, and just simply had the life I wanted. Granted, a move to Colorado was jolted by some changing things, but the main push was skiboarding.

As a little back story, I had totally been done with winter sports other than a girl I was dating asked me to snowboard now and again with her. But, my long term game plan that had been developing only several weeks before skiboarding came into my life was to move down to Myrtle Beach, SC and live near the beach, teach, and just enjoy the warm weather lifestyle. So, skiboarding threw a wrench in all of that. It is not to say that I didn't love all of the opportunities that skiboarding brought me and my time on boards wasn't great. In fact, I loved every second of it all. However, in the grand scheme of things for my life skiboarding did not fit the bill. It was a fantastic stage in my life and now it is time for me to move onto the next stage.

Some more of what created a decline in my drive to ride was that I took it on quite competitively and was frustrated that only a few shared that feeling. I also looked to push the size of the sport and the support I wanted was just not there. Myself and Tim Miller talk every Monday about various things in life, of course one main thing being skiboarding, and I just vented and slowly saw my passion fade. I took on so much with The Junk Show, RVL8, and all that I did in general (most of which everyone with the exception of a few people will never truly know) and it all just burned me out to the core. On the side of that skating, which was once my passion and only picked up again because of skiboarding, quickly faded out as well.

I am an active person who will always get out there and do things. But, my preference has always been warm weather and this is where I belong doing warm weather activities. I even complained last week when the temperature dropped below 100 degrees.

I will always be grateful for all of you and the sport I found as the center of my life for three and a half years, but nothing gold can stay and now I have moved onto a new passion, one that is purely for fun and I will refrain from ever making a job or a chore; running.

Thank you for the great times and I will eventually strap back in for a ride or two. I plan on dropping my final edit in the form of a compilation from last season sometime in the upcoming weeks.

Remember, Shred Life!!!
              I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Take care man, had a great time with you at Jay years back. Always enjoyed your contributions here on the forums, you'll be missed for sure!
                Red Square Sherpas

Comment

Working...
                X