First Day on my Revolts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day on my Revolts!

Got my 2013 Revolt Trees and Receptor Red Bindings this morning, unpacked them and immediately headed to my local ski mountain. I was a little concerned at first, it took a few runs (and realizing i had the tongue of my right boot wrong causing shin pain), to really get used to the extra width on them compared to my K2's. Also still need to get used to them being a bit longer then the 88's, they are a LOT!! stiffer then the K2's and that took some getting used to while making plow stops, definitely a bit harder to turn but I'm sure that will fade after a few more days. Besides the small pains of going to a bit longer board I loved them! Could definitely feel they were a lot more stable! Where I hoped they would make the biggest difference and they definitely did was jumps! The extra stiffness is huge when landing!

Btw, do they come with a wax coating from factory? I felt like they didn't slide quite as well as I thought they should.

Besides that I got SOOO many comments on how awesome they look. The pictures on the website didn't do the Revolt Trees justice, the graphics on them are amazing! I think I handed out at least 5 business cards to people on the slopes. One to a guy that used to ride Line skiboards, but had twin tip skis on, I do believe he will be coming back to skiboards!

All in all an awesome first day on the new boards! Thanks to Revel 8 for making such a great product
    2013 Revolt Trees 105's
    2013 Receptor Red Bindings
    2011 Dalbello Blender Boots

"Sufficient to have stood. Though free to fall." - Milton - Paradise Lost
    "I'd rather ride a broken Revel8 than skiblades." - Talon

Lucky guy, sounds like a great day. I had a few boot and binding adjustments to dial in at first also but after about 3 runs I was good for the day. My Chicken's with Spruce Risers are making their way through Canada Customs or somewhere near that. The riser may make it easier to get them on edge or so I'll find out. I expect them to arrive before my birthday on the 15th at least. Unfortunately we're in the middle of 50mm of rain and warmer temps for a week, what's shaping up to be yet another unfortunate early Spring. I hope it holds off with more fresh pow as I tentatively have plans to hit the hill on the 16th.

That's pretty cool you ran into an x-skiboarder. I doubt I'll experience that here but welcome comments or looks from others, it's great to be different at times.

The boards are pre-waxed, I can't comment on the specifics. SBOL Store Front has a great deal on a waxing iron and wax, I'd suggest dropping $40 on that if you don't already have one unless you pay a shop to do so.
    Boards: RVL*8 '08 Revolt Chicken's, Canon M7 Black, Line Fly 4 post
    Bindings: Line FF Pro, Groove Red X1
    Gear: Dalbello CRX Freeride CarveX, Bern Baker Hard Hat, VZ Fishbowl's & Fubar's, Anon Comrade

Comment

I'm stoked to hear how much you enjoy your Revolts. They will quickly become more natural with the size change. I prefer the stiffer boards as well. It allows you to ride more aggressively.

I myself will never ride any other board. I love the Revolts and with the exception of maybe one or two days a year on Condors in the 48"+ pow I will never get on another board. Excellent choice!
      I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you, on my second day on my Revolt Bullseye and I love them just as much! Mine seemed like they had a solid wax coating from the factory (I got these new but 1-2 years old), I could scratch it off of the edging with my fingernail or put impressions into it on the base of the board

BTW I just noticed you're in the Hartford area, I live in West Hartford myself, care to meet up sometime at Butternut or Catamount?
        2010 Revolt Bullseye | Bomber Elite Bindings | Dalbello Voodoo Boots

Comment

sure, just PM'd you my number

yeah, mine definitely didn't seem to be waxed well from factory, my guess is my boards had been used in the demo program or something like that. There was VERY slight rusting on the edges.

I took them to Alpine Haus yesterday to have whatever wax is on them stripped and a whole new wax job applied and the edges to be sharpened. Once i get them back tomorrow I'm gonna chaeffer the top sheet and be good to roll by this weekend.
          2013 Revolt Trees 105's
          2013 Receptor Red Bindings
          2011 Dalbello Blender Boots

"Sufficient to have stood. Though free to fall." - Milton - Paradise Lost
          "I'd rather ride a broken Revel8 than skiblades." - Talon

Comment

Working...
          X