Snowjam Coil Leashes - Before & After

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowjam Coil Leashes - Before & After

Deformation of the split ring on a Snowjam Coil Leash. Result of a big wipeout.

Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Nice. That must have been some widepout.

I use the same leashes ... they are great. Though I've never used those rings. I pulled them off and use paracord in their place.
    Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
    Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
    Full Tilt Boots
    Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

I use zip ties instead of the rings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
      Crossbow (go to dream board)
      Most everything else over time.
      Go Android

Comment

I also don't use the rings. I take the cord, make a double loop, and tie the ends with a water knot. So far, this has worked really well, and I've done it on about a half dozen sets.
        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
          I use zip ties instead of the rings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
          This. Especially those considering trying snowboarding for the first time - take note. Obviously, this also directly applies to our devices. Any device that flatten out and get moving down the mountain by themselves become very dangerous projectiles. There is really no excuse for it. There are children on the slopes. If you do not have brakes, wear leashes and take off the device before removing the leash from around your leg or undoing it from your boot. If you do not follow these basic rules of safety, you cannot expect the world around you to react gently. We've all stopped devices and its' not always because someone doesn't care. Nonetheless, if one gets away from you, you are risking both your own physical safety and the integrity of your device. Both risks come in the form of the individual that stops your device - especially if it is stopped by whacking their 4 year old from behind. It's no joke - it can cause very real injury. Conduct yourself accordingly.
          "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Working...
          X