Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
    Love that lineup!

You can really see how the Icelantic Scout is a "bridge" between skiboards and skis. Their shape and size looks more skiboard-like than ski-like. I know a number of people on this forum have ridden them. Would be fun to see how their ride compares to a longboard skiboard.

Love that Spruce riser on the Line's - I was sitting on the lift the other day thinking about that same thing. I was thinking that if I found a pair of skis that had the ride characteristics I was looking for could it get inserts installed on them so I can use my Spruce riser? Well, the answer is clearly yes.

Jack - how to do those Lines ride with the Spruce riser?

Can't wait to try Sherpas at Shredfest. Each time I see them I just keeping picturing bashing through everything in front of my while leaving trenches in my wake.
    just got those Lines in from Bill , those are for my wife, we have not got to try them yet ... but Bill can comment as he has ridden them ... If you want to try the Icelantic Scout at Shredfest I can bring it a long , let me know .. the Sherpa will be available for demo ...Both the Scout and the Sherpa have adjustable Fritschi bindings that fit most size boots other then very small or very large.
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
      LOL Greco was all over this awhile back and had just such a tee shirt , it was green

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/p/sbol_sbtshirt.html
      That is too funny. Mine is more modern and newschool though...like the t-shirt except for the green color!
      In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
      Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
        . It’s just a style. Just like surfing, there’s different styles of surfing and everything else. So that’s the deal! That’s what inspired me to build the skiboard, as people like to call it, and I called it cause I needed a word to differentiate it at the time from skiing and especially then...."
        http://brobomb.com/tag/jason-levinthal/
        Thanks for posting that Jack, it is really interesting to read and also reminds me of something Ben W once posted on newschoolers, something to the effect “ it doesn’t matter what I ride I Shred”

I think you and Fightingforair (both individuals I highly respect so hopefully this won’t offend either of you) are good examples of individuals at different points in their journey for the perfect ride

You have spent years on the mountain, on all different types of sliding devices, experimenting, perfecting your technic and searching for your “perfect ride”, that combination of skill, equipment and terrain that gives you a heavenly feeling. You now seem to know exactly how to enjoy spending your time on the mountain and have found that the RC perfectly fits your needs.

Robert on the other hand is still on his Quest. He is perfecting his skills and searching for his “perfect ride”. If his perfect ride turns out to be screaming down giant mountains in Alaska at 60 MPH, a 190cm ski with a large turn radius may be his ticket. He also may find that once he’s tamed that mountain, his journey returns to the start and he decides to spend all his time on KTP’s.
        For others the search never stops. They will either never find the perfect ride, or enjoy all types of riding and use many types of equipment in many different situations.

For me personally, your original statement rings true. The two worlds have converged. I now ride the Sherpa’s and a pair of 169cm K2 Kung Fujas. Much like your son’s Carz’s, the K2’s give me a little more stability when I want to nuke down the mountain, but still function as the sherpas when needed. I have to step up my technic when I ride them whereas the Sherpa’s give up a little stability they also allow me to be lazy in the technical area. I would be perfectly content with either one as my permanent ride. I just want to Shred.

Comment

Originally posted by rgzip View Post
          .... “ it doesn’t matter what I ride I Shred” ...

... He also may find that once he’s tamed that mountain, his journey returns to the start and he decides to spend all his time on KTP’s.
          For others the search never stops. They will either never find the perfect ride, or enjoy all types of riding and use many types of equipment in many different situations.

... K2 Kung Fujas... I have to step up my technic when I ride them whereas the Sherpa’s give up a little stability they also allow me to be lazy in the technical area...

... I just want to Shred.
          Not offended at all. I think you nailed it. I've always kind of been a little ADD ... so I probably will keep switching up my ride to keep things fresh. I am already tempted to get back on some KTPs.

And I totally agree with you on the trade-off and the need to pay closer attention to form on the bigger sticks.

I've really enjoyed reading JJue's posts about his own journey and I've learned so much from riding with him at SF. It's just such an interesting contrast to where I've come from and where I'm going. Very cool to share those differing perspectives in a fun and positive way.
          Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
          Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
          Full Tilt Boots
          Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Working...
          X