Binding dead center?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
    Son, we live in a world that has skiboards, and those skiboards have to be ridden by men with non-release bindings. Who's gonna do it? You? You, lizardman? I have taken greater risks than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the injured skiers, and you curse the skiboarding community. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That non-release bindings, while dangerous, are more fun. And their existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, is more fun. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on those skiboards, you need me on those skiboards. We use words like rocker, bindings, setback. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent enjoying a sport. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very fun that we provide, and then questions the manner in which we provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some skiboards, and shred some pow. Either way, I don't give a damn what opinion you think you are entitled to.
    But did you order the code Red?

Comment

Originally posted by lizardman View Post
      What's wrong with being a "snowblader"....It's hilarious. I guess you need someone below you in "coolness factor"? Skiboarders are on the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to respect compared to snowboarding or skiing.
      I could honestly care less what anyone thinks of me. It's about having fun. Some of You guys sound desperate for respect.

As usual ego, rather than common sense comes into play. As for the great post. The guy is using movie lines. Jack Nicholson. The post was more comedy than anything and me laugh Dude you're going down wood planks on mountain. You're not at war Give me a break! What do I care what risks you take? Wow I'm so impressed.
      1. Being on the mountain is about balancing risk not eliminating it. Some do that with non-release some don't. If you want to eliminate the risk stay home.

2. If you are totally convinced you want a setback try the KTPs

3. My Dad alway said that the problem with wrestling with a pig is that you get real dirty and find out the pig likes it.

Comment

Lizardman.

I am relatively new on this forum and had all the same concerns you have about non release bindings, the safety of risers and board choice. Instead of forcing my opinions, I started several threads asking questions about the subjects I was interested in. I was fully prepared to be slammed by the forum members for dredging up old subjects, ignored, or just told that I was an idiot, like on Epic Ski.

Instead, I was treated with respect and patience. Forum members took the time to tell me their experiences and opinions in an enthusiastic way. I ask a lot of questions, and I'm sure it gets irritating sometimes, but everyone has been courteous and welcoming to me. More to the point, I got all the opinions and experiences I needed to make up my own mind. I ride my 87s with non releasable Line FF Pros. I feel it is worth the risk for the added flex, weight reduction and feel that a shorter board demands. For me, that risk becomes too great over 100cm, so I have Spruce Risers on my 110s. I also found out a lot about kids and skiboards, and worked out a safe set up for my ten year old with the advice of the forum.

There are many forums out there, and most of them are just an opportunity for people to be jerks in anonymity. This forum is not like that; people here want to be helpful and friendly. And, I believe that this forum represents the goodwill that skiboarders show to each other in person. Through this forum I have already had the chance to meet, ride and stay with several forum members. This is a community that is great to be a part of. Can I respectfully suggest that you take a step back and consider what it is you want from this forum? If you keep up the aggressive attitude, people will just ignore you and your posts. Some are already starting to do that. What is the point in alienating some of the most experienced skiboarders in the world?
        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by rgzip View Post
          But did you order the code Red?
          You're God damn right I did!

BTW -- Code Red = awesome name for a skiboard
          Boards:
          2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
          2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
          2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
          2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
          2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
          2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
          2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

My Dad alway said that the problem with wrestling with a pig is that you get real dirty and find out the pig likes it.
            Your dad is a wise man!
            sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

My foot is about 29 centimeters. I dropped a two foot porch and broke it. I'm switching to a hover round because my foot length is too risky.

Tim, no more walls of text.

Comment

3. My Dad alway said that the problem with wrestling with a pig is that you get real dirty and find out the pig likes it.

I'm stealing this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

It's very funny to me to read this thread. Lizard is fishing for someone to argue with and all you guys are falling right into it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                  33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Working...
                  X