Should SBOL have resort reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greco View Post
    Maybe in each person's review they could state if it's their home resort and if they would be open to being contacted if people have questions or want to meet up.
    This is the perfect opportunity for someone who has "app" writing ability. I have had this idea for an app that would have live information about who is at what resorts, when. I shall elaborate, pretty much the "skiboarders put yourself on the map" for live daily trips. You go to a mountain, sign in at that mountain on the app, and just ride. Others would be able to see you on location there, and be able to text the rider (maybe have your sign-in linked to a text message number for convenience). From here you could also have the live conditions from fellow riders, the trails to definitely hit, and the rest of the food information (i always pack food, screw resort food lol), etc. Then simply sign-out from that mountain when you leave. This could also keep running tabs on how many times you were at which mountains in a year, and it would be easier for people to meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by greco View Post
      thank you so much for the frame work, here is the new category and child forums - http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...splay.php?f=26
      thanks!
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
        Greco -- If you haven't already started this I would suggest you can either add it as a separate resort reviews section or under the meet-up and ride section.

For the folders I think less is more. I would think too many sub divisions would have us all drilling down to much. My suggestion would be.
        North America - East
        North America - Rockies
        North America - West
        South America
        Europe
        Asia
        Australia/New Zealand/Other
        What about the Midwest, North America - Central?
        Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
          What about the Midwest, North America - Central?
          There are actually places to ski in the central region ... who knew??

Sorry I spaced when I did my list but no one chimed in either.

GRECO -- Can you add a "North America - Central" to the regions for our skiboarding brethren in the midwest?
          Boards:
          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

There are actually places to ski in the central region ... who knew??

Sorry I spaced when I did my list but no one chimed in either.

GRECO -- Can you add a "North America - Central" to the regions for our skiboarding brethren in the midwest?
            done

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
              done
              Thanks! And nice addition of the trail maps to the reviews. It makes the reviews look professional.
              Boards:
              2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

Thanks! And nice addition of the trail maps to the reviews. It makes the reviews look professional.
                thank you! i've even added a link to the section on the front page of sbol.

Comment

And if you left mouse click on the map, you are taken to the resort's website. Very nice Greco!
                  sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Working...
                  X