Dictionary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=CANtoo;131361
    There may be a technical definition of skiboards out there somewhere, but for my size and riding style I feel like the boards above 110 do have a different feel, though not necessarily in a negative way: discovering how the sherpas ride in powder this year was amazing! But I personally see 110s as the length of boards that give me the freedom to tackle all of the mountain--including steep moguls--free from wishing I had poles, free from worrying about quick enough turns, and free from hesitation![/QUOTE]

I like that description. For me the transition happens at about 99cm.
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Skiboards: Highly evolved, modern snowsliding devices that combine a maximum level of enjoyment and enormous performance envelope with a minimal learning curve. These characteristics are complimented by a culture that thrives on the mantras of safety, personal expression ("doing it your way") and above all else, having fun.
      "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
        Skiboards: Highly evolved, modern snowsliding devices that combine a maximum level of enjoyment and enormous performance envelope with a minimal learning curve. These characteristics are complimented by a culture that thrives on the mantras of safety, personal expression ("doing it your way") and above all else, having fun.
        Highly evolved? One of the reasons people strayed to twin twips was for the purpose that they were the more evolved device.

Modern? Skiboards are older than snowboards.
        I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Dave,

I wasn't aware that folks were moving towards twin tips due to a perception that skiboards are not keeping pace with the times or haven't evolved. I think there is significant evidence to the contrary with our rockered, cambered and "long" offerings. I am a proud owner, user and enjoyer of two sets of full sized twin tips. They compliment my quiver but in no way replace the functions of either my skiboards or snowboards. They also do not represent any forms of advanced technology not found in skiboards.

As for modern - well, I own a modern television. I really love the fact I no longer use rabbit ears. Instead, there is this fat cable running down from the outside of my apartment where a "satellite dish" (whatever the hell that is) resides. I get like a crazy number of channels. It's totally out of control. The TV even came with this thing called a "remote control" so I no longer have to walk over to the television to change channels. The "remote control" works by using these other incredible things called "batteries". Point here being that the television, despite being "old" is also "new".
          "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

I'll throw in my 2 cents.

If we are to limit skiboards with too many traditionalist or purist constraints, we are certain to ensure their demise.

That which does not adapt / evolve, dies.
            Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
            Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
            Full Tilt Boots
            Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
              Dave,

I wasn't aware that folks were moving towards twin tips due to a perception that skiboards are not keeping pace with the times or haven't evolved. I think there is significant evidence to the contrary with our rockered, cambered and "long" offerings. I am a proud owner, user and enjoyer of two sets of full sized twin tips. They compliment my quiver but in no way replace the functions of either my skiboards or snowboards. They also do not represent any forms of advanced technology not found in skiboards.

As for modern - well, I own a modern television. I really love the fact I no longer use rabbit ears. Instead, there is this fat cable running down from the outside of my apartment where a "satellite dish" (whatever the hell that is) resides. I get like a crazy number of channels. It's totally out of control. The TV even came with this thing called a "remote control" so I no longer have to walk over to the television to change channels. The "remote control" works by using these other incredible things called "batteries". Point here being that the television, despite being "old" is also "new".

You're a devoted skiboarder. You have to look beyond your own perceptions. If all of the skiers who moved in a different direction carried your same views of the advanced nature of skiboard things may be different. But, the perceived evolution of skis brought the majority in that "evolved" direction, and perception is reality.
              I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForAir View Post
                I'll throw in my 2 cents.

If we are to limit skiboards with too many traditionalist or purist constraints, we are certain to ensure their demise.

That which does not adapt / evolve, dies.
                ^ Darwinism.

You can't think outside of the box if you don't have a box.
                I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

Working...
                X