• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dictionary

What is your definition of a skiboard?
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Oh boy, I see a debate on the horizon.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Any wood-core riding utensil produced by a core company (previous or current) that is labeled as a skiboard by its producer within reason, and deemed a skiboard by a governing body (this website). Separate classifications of skiboards may exist if the members of the governing body allow for it, i.e long board or rockered.
      facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Something fun, and awesome.

bnuf

Comment

Any product that would meet the specifications such that it either is or could be sold on skiboardsonline.com.
          In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
          Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

^^^ thats the winner
            facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

A Snowblade that can't be called one because a major company has the rights to that name. No, really, just a joke

Go Nexus
              Crossbow (go to dream board)
              Most everything else over time.
              Go Android

Comment

Skiboard: (SKEE-Bord)
                noun - The unholy demon lovechild resulting from a weekend of wild three-way sex between a snowboard, pair of skis, and rollerblades.
                verb – (ie: to skiboard). To reject the skiing establishment and choose awesomeness over conformity.
                See also: Snollerblade
                Boards:
                2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
                  Skiboard: (SKEE-Bord)
                  noun - The unholy demon lovechild...
                  I'm sure Greco has been called a lot of things, but.....

Oh, wait - never mind, you were referring to skiboards as being the unholy demon lovechild (which by the way would make a great name for a band or a new brand name for a skiboard line)
                  In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                  Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Bloom View Post
                    What is your definition of a skiboard?
                    Freedom, Freedom on the slopes
                    C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Skiboards

The most uniquely fun device for sliding down a hill. Always bring a smile to your face!
                      rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                      ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

While there is definitely a mentality that goes along with skiboarding that we all share in different degrees i don't think that's what this thread is about it is about the two planks that we use to slide down the hill while we are "skiboarding". I think the discussion here is about the physical characteristics of a pair of wood core metal edge snow sliding devices that are no more then 110cm in length with a four or 6 hole binding attachments symmetrical tip and tail dimensions.

While i think the rockered boards definitely fit into what is a skiboard I think that the "longboard skiboards" are a diffident breed. No better or worse but at that point I think were marrying skis with skiboards to create a new species. The boards that also have regular alpine bindings hard mounted to them are also not skiboards. But spruce risers on true skiboards are a valid adaptation to allow release bindings to fit onto real skiboards.

I also think that to touch on the mentality aspect of it in order to call yourself a true skiboarder you should skiboard the majority of the time. If you snowboard, ski or whatever as well that's great. But if you only skiboard when the conditions are right, when your with other skiboarders or when its convinent you are missing it. I've tried snowboarding, I own long skis but 95% of the time I'm on skiboards because like people have said its what i love and enjoy more then any other method of snow sliding. Even when I lived at Jay Peak skiing powder and backcountry and riding (and keeping up) exclusively with people who rode big old POW skis and had a negative perspective of skiboards. While i didnt convert anyone I gained there respect for riding what i enjoyed.

Comment

4x4 binding inserts mounts , wood core , metal edges , symmetrical tip and tail design and NO longer then110 cm .
                          CHRIS

Comment

It's all about the length.

They have to be short enough that you no longer need ski technique, release bindings, brakes or poles.

For me that is 99cm or under, then I feel like I'm not skiing anymore. Taller people, or better skiers, may stretch that out to 105cm or even 110cm, but at some point it becomes obvious when you are skiing and not skiboarding anymore.
                            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Badwolf:

length doesn't matter...it's all about girth!

Just ask any woman;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                              33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Working...
                              X