Great day of skiboarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great day of skiboarding

I finally got yesterday what felt like my first real day of skiboarding in the last two years. For those not on the East Coast, last season was abysmal, and this season hasn't been much better to date. Luckily, yesterday the cold front held out enough to get a day of bluebird skiboarding in.

The weather was cold and windy. The snow was ice in the shade and slush in the sun. Off the trails, it was all dirt. There wasn't a single hittable jump. Regardless, there was just enough going good that it finally felt like real skiboarding.

The majority of the trails were finally open. There was a decent amount of rails to play around on - even a couple new set ups. The landings weren't all bombed out. The regular slopes had been groomed enough for high speed carving fun.

It was a good day.

Great to hear it! My riding buddies and I said last year was the "best worst year" we ever had - meaning the weather and conditions were generally sub-par, but we still managed to have a great time and got out a lot. Similar pattern this year. In this part of the world I think we have to be really good at making the most of what we have when it comes to wintersports.
    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Kirk,

Where did you get to ride this week? I am in SW Ohio and we had the same conditions

I would love to say that last year was a bust overall but in Feb we went to Jackson Hole and had a very good week, over 2 feet while we were there and everything was in excellent condition. Other than that, we were supposed to finish up the season in Steamboat but had to cancel as it was lift up and down to get to the (somewhat) good stuff.

On another note, I am picking up a pair of board with your name on it (literally) and can't wait. First pair I will own and can't wait to get into this sport!!

Great community!

Comment

I'm finally getting to get out there and ride tomorrow, the third time at my home resort with a pass I paid so much wasted money to since this Colorado winter has been almost as bad as the east coast's past two winters. Now, I wake up today and it rained last night. We went 2 1/2 weeks with sub-zero temps and now it rains?!? A complete waste this season pass has been. Screw it, I'm moving to somewhere better haha

No, really...
        I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Working...
        X