A different perspective on Summit Nomad 99s and Spruce 120s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A different perspective on Summit Nomad 99s and Spruce 120s

Last night we were out at the Sno!Zone on their 4h weekender session. I had my daughter along as well as the son of a friend. He has two seasons of skiing behind him which he got through school trips, but he wanted to try out skiboarding.

My daughter started off on her Elailas, but then switched over to trying out the 120s. As gromit & valmorel would know my daughter is not very tall, probably just a bit more than Maria, but boy did she get on with those 120s. With it being a late session, there were a lot less people on the slopes and more space, so one could actually get some speed on that short slope. I was on my RCs, not riding anything else these days, but I had to make work keeping up with her.

Meanwhile my friends' son, started on the Sumit Nomads. I showed him the basics of turning and stopping and them let him go to do as many cycles that he could.

After a break they swapped over with my friends' son on the Spruces and my daughter on the Nomads. The former showed an immediate improvement in the way he was riding as if he been skiboarding for yonks. He managed to nearly keep up with us racing down the slope. His carving also got a lot better, but he was not willing to try riding fakie yet.

My daughter in the mean-time raced me down the slopes a couple of times and although she was going pretty fast, she commented that it was not as good as the 120s. She howver, surprise, surprise, went on to attempt the only kicker that was available. She tried it once when I was not around on the 120s and fell over. Having giving her some tips I got of this forum, she went on to nail it. The first couple of times she spun out after coming off, but there after she just rode over it with ease.

Verdict:
    • Both likes the 120s, but were less impressed by the Nomads.
    • My daughter thinks the Nomads are too much work to turn compared to the 94s or 120s. (Interesting thought)
    • My friends' son, coming from skiiing, found the 120s much more stable than the 99s.
    • I was strongly thinking of getting rid on the 120s as I was not riding anymore, but it looks like I have to hang on to them now.

The big thing here is that neither of them has ever been influenced by view on skiboards and their opinions came purely from the experience they had on the boards.
    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s
Working...
X