Bad Publicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Publicity

Below is a letter in this months Powder Magazine page 110.

SNOWBLADERS SUCK
    I'm dumbfounded by snowbladers. The powder becomes ridiculously deep and then I see them. Struggling to move as if they were flipped turtles. Individually they seem helpless, but put them all together and the group beats their way down to the bottom. What goes through their heads when they think snowblades would be fun after 48 inches in two days? Do they get to the top of the mountain and say to themselves, "I'm going to rip the shit out of this line,"and then look at their feet and say, "uh,oh!" This happened so frequently while skiing at Snowbird the past years that I've concluded it's never a true powder day until you see some snowbladders. The more the better.
    Eric Erienbusch
    Seattle, WA.

yeah i agree with that. snowblades do suck, that's why i rock wide, high quality SKIBOARDS!!! i look at it like people who think like that just have never seen a skiboarder in action.

g

Comment

Perhaps some one can come up with a well written argument. I am sure that Powder would love to publish a skiboarder response. Perhaps from official ISF or whom ever is currently representing the sport.

Comment

NOt ISF
        facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Greco, you should write them
          1999 Groove Retro 82cm

Days This Season - 9

Comment

the ISF is going to make a comback this season. i got an email from them last week.

dean@internationalskiboardfederation.org

Comment

personally, i like when everyone assumes that im going to suck... funnier at least

Comment

tru dat lol

Comment

how is the ISF making a comeback g?
                  POW!nded

Comment

hahahhaaha,

keep the isf out of skiboarding, please and thanks,

love,
                    everyone
                    Bentfilms

Comment

Originally posted by Bentfilms
                      hahahhaaha,

keep the isf out of skiboarding, please and thanks,

love,
                      everyone
                      BAHAHAHAHA nice!
                      POW!nded

Comment

is that guy from the isf still delivering pizza, cause im hungry
                        need new skiboards fund 0/200 all donations are appreciated

to send money via paypal- go here www.paypal.com then send money to email - jcgeiser@gmail.com
                        to send money via mail - send Check, Cash or Money Order to:

Christian Geiser
                        3840 Tremont pl
                        Ann Arbor, MI 48105 USA

thank you for your support

Comment

I apparently haven't been into the skiboarding scene for long enough (been skiboarding for a while, just took me a while before I looked anything about it up online and found this site) but what is everyone's issue with the ISF. I hadn't seen or heard anything about them other than seeing that you could buy memberships. Is there something they did wrong, or is the issue just the fact that they never really did anything?
                          I do it because I can.
                          I can because I want to.
                          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                          '08 KTPs

Comment

someone else can field that one, im in no position to...

b
                            Bentfilms

Comment

got'cha covered ben

an article on the ISF

basically they dont do anything memberships are pointless and i have yet to see an event from them. so in short we dont need them, right now skiboarding has the popularity skateboarding did in the 60's. what we all need todo now is show that we arent shitty 10 yearold fat kids that couldnt cut it skiing, and that we can acctually rip
                              need new skiboards fund 0/200 all donations are appreciated

to send money via paypal- go here www.paypal.com then send money to email - jcgeiser@gmail.com
                              to send money via mail - send Check, Cash or Money Order to:

Christian Geiser
                              3840 Tremont pl
                              Ann Arbor, MI 48105 USA

thank you for your support

Comment

Working...
                              X