X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Icelantic Scout

Interesting ad copy here acknowledging the Scout’s roots in “ski-blading”:

http://www.powder7.com/Icelantic-Sco...-2013/for-sale

Note the marketing jingoes: “hardcore”, “ultra-hip”, “extreme” and “suicidal” while simultaneously touting it as a backcountry ski. Of course many of us here think of longboard-type skiboards (of which the Scout is a close cousin) as a good choice for the more gentrified set. It's probably more of an effort (and a fairly clever one) to deal with the mainstream stigma by facing it head-on.

Here is an interesting side by side comparison of my buddy , Michael , on the Icelantic Scout and myself on the Spruce Sherpa . Both are mounted with Fritschi backcountry touring bindings. Both have about the same surface area. The Scout (143 cm long ) is longer and narrower to the shorter and fatter Sherpa (130 cm long)
    The Sherpa has a much deeper side cut and the Scout is straighter . Turing radius on the Scout is around 15 meter and on the Sherpa about 7.5m
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Jack,

Any chance I can try your Sherpas at Shredfest this season?
      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
        Jack,

Any chance I can try your Sherpas at Shredfest this season?
        Sure thing , Slow ! I will be very interested in your take on them . I no longer have a insert only Sherpa (I have two pair both of which are direct mounted with Fritschi ,one is a loaner for folks with big feet (Fritschi Long ) , But I have this really nice Jeff Singer direct mounted Fritschi pro version that is super easy to fit to your boot size at Shredfest and rides just the same I think as a Riser mounted version but is lighter.... you are first dibs on trying this baby out !
        Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Zero Pro Non release Binding
        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

That will be great Jack, thanks.
          sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
            Sure thing , Slow ! I will be very interested in your take on them . I no longer have a insert only Sherpa (I have two pair both of which are direct mounted with Fritschi ,one is a loaner for folks with big feet (Fritschi Long ) , But I have this really nice Jeff Singer direct mounted Fritschi pro version that is super easy to fit to your boot size at Shredfest and rides just the same I think as a Riser mounted version but is lighter.... you are first dibs on trying this baby out !
            That combo of the boards and bindings couldn't match better. It looks very sharp!
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Working...
            X