Junk Show on my TV Screen!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk Show on my TV Screen!!!

Last winter my kids gave me a Roku box for my TV . For those , like me who are not savy to all the current modern technology, this is a little inexpensive black box , that you attach to your TV and that then connects wirelessly with your home internet wireless network and can stream movies from pay for use services like Netflix and Amazon. What I didn't realize is that it also has alot of free apps ( called channels) , once you install these apps by clicking on icons in the on screen channel store, you can access a lot of free sources. One really cool channel is VIMEO. This allows you to stream VIMEO videos directly to your TV.
    I have a HD TV with has a much larger screen of course then my desktop computer. Last night I was able to stream the Junk Show - Festival of the Shreds episode directly to my TV set . It was absolutely amazing seeing the Revel 8 guys on the bigger screen . Dave Bloom has done his editing in HD quality with nice music and seeing it on the TV screen was stunning ! I think some of the younger guys are already doing this and have mentioned this in the past but to suddenly realize that I had a little black box on top of my TV that I had not be using to see skiboarding on the big screen was one of those light bulb .. god damn have I been stupid awakenings !!!
    Here is more information on the Vimeo app on Roku... ps unfortunately there is no You Tube app.
    http://www.technologyreview.com/view...iver-internet/
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Originally posted by jjue View Post
    Here is more information on the Vimeo app on Roku... ps unfortunately there is no You Tube app.
    The Apple TV does Vimeo and YouTube.
    Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
    Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
    Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
      Last winter my kids gave me a Roku box for my TV . For those , like me who are not savy to all the current modern technology, this is a little inexpensive black box , that you attach to your TV and that then connects wirelessly with your home internet wireless network and can stream movies from pay for use services like Netflix and Amazon. What I didn't realize is that it also has alot of free apps ( called channels) , once you install these apps by clicking on icons in the on screen channel store, you can access a lot of free sources. One really cool channel is VIMEO. This allows you to stream VIMEO videos directly to your TV.
      I have a HD TV with has a much larger screen of course then my desktop computer. Last night I was able to stream the Junk Show - Festival of the Shreds episode directly to my TV set . It was absolutely amazing seeing the Revel 8 guys on the bigger screen . Dave Bloom has done his editing in HD quality with nice music and seeing it on the TV screen was stunning ! I think some of the younger guys are already doing this and have mentioned this in the past but to suddenly realize that I had a little black box on top of my TV that I had not be using to see skiboarding on the big screen was one of those light bulb .. god damn have I been stupid awakenings !!!
      http://www.technologyreview.com/view...iver-internet/
      Here is the skiboarding Vimeo channel - https://vimeo.com/channels/skiboards

I have a Roku too Jack. It sure does work great, very simple. But now my Galaxy Nexus does HDMI out so I can just mirror ANYTHING to my TV.

Comment

Working...
      X