X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason
    replied
    if those graphics are the same ones im thinking of...they look terrible.

Leave a comment:

• Greco
    replied
    nick, we'll ride at thunderridge when it opens and i'll let you demo some 4 hole skiboards.

g

Leave a comment:

• NickG185
    replied
    Thats true but i have the new 06 lines and even with 8 still have more flex than my salomons.

Leave a comment:

• Greco
    replied
    yeah but that only applies to lines made before like 2003, new lines no longer use the 4x4 pattern, you're stuck with cheap, plastic 8 hole bindings now. a true decline.

g
    Last edited by Greco; 11-16-2005, 03:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NickG185
    replied
    i used to ride salomon and now i ride line.

Lines are wider than Salomon
    Line has 4 holes compared to Salomons 8
    Put both up against the wall and the Lines will bend way more than the Salomons.
    Line has equal tip and tail height over Salomon.

Im not selling Line but just using it as an example. Line,Epic,Loken and others outpreform Salomon.

Leave a comment:

• NickG185
    replied
    i used to ride salomon and now i ride line.

Lines are wider than Salomon
    Line has 4 holes compared to Salomons 8
    Put both up against the wall and the Lines will bend way more than the Salomons.
    Line has equal tip and tail height over Salomon.

Im not selling Line but just using it as an example. Line,Epic,Loken and others outpreform Salomon.

Leave a comment:

• mcnabb05
    replied
    I have a trip planned this winter for Killington, VT and im looking into buying myself some skiboards. I have been skiing for 9-10 years and just recently picked up on skiboarding (1-2 yrs). I was lookin at Salomon blades online, when I came across this site. I read the forums and have decided to go with a pair of skiboards from here. When I use the rentals from the mountains, I typically find myself on black diamonds but their skiboards dont provide me with as much control and feel as I would like. I also have some experience with terrain parks, but my main goal is to find a pair that best suits my needs. Im open to any and all suggestions. Thanks all

Leave a comment:

• coolman01231
    replied
    I used to rent saloman snowblades. Boy did i hate their bindings, They even popped off twice on me when they were attatched correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Officewallah
    replied
    cheers Valmorel, I looked at the other replies, and to be honest, it seems that the spruce bindings and risers that some were recommending costs much more than the Salomon conversion kit and not available in the UK anyway, it seems. I am happy with the snowblades, actually, I think they're a real laugh and I'm sure once I can work out how to use them properly, I'll have even more fun (I can't understand why everyone keeps saying they're easier than skis, I don't think so at all!). It's interesting how Salomon aren't actually publishing any information about the conversion kit, I guess I'll stick a kit on my Xmas list and see what Santa brings.

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    Hi officew. I dont know if you are still monitoring this thread, but if you are, here is my 2 cents worth. First, you already have your Snowblades, and seem happy with them, which is fine. Probably most of the respondents here started out on Snowblades. Yes, you can fit the Salomon release kit to your boards using nothing more than a screwdriver, and at £65 for the complete kit including a release binding, it aint bad value. It complicates the issue for us living in the UK because there are currently no "propper" skiboard outlets, but a possible upgrade path for you, should you feel the need in the future, might be to get the Line Pros from Snow and Rock, which I think retail at about £160. They come standard with a Salomon plastic binding, but the holes are also compatible with the Salomon release kit. So, you could plan toward ending up with a wide body symetrical "propper" skiboard by buying the release kit now and fitting them to your existing Snowblades, which will work just fine, then maybe getting a set of Line Pros in the spring sales if you wish to upgrade.
    Also, Salomon make a 90cm symetrical board called the SB9, which is a fine little board and often overlooked. Again, they are available in the UK, often quite cheaply, and the release kit fits straight on. I have ridden the SB9, and was pleasantly surprised by how balanced it felt.

Leave a comment:

• Greco
    replied
    in a different thread someone asked about 8 hole vs. 4 hole boards. (8 hole boards require the bindings attach with 8 screws, usually directly into the board without inserts. 4 hole boards have 4 metal inserts manufactured into the boards which you screw 4 hole bindings into)

8 hole insert boards are definitely inferior to 4 hole, for a number of reasons:

1. 8 hole boards spread the contact area of the bindings over a larger area meaning less of the board can flex meaning the ride isn't as good, especially for carving.

2. The only companies that make boards with 8 hole inserts choose to use foam cores which do not provide even, lasting or consistent flex and aren't as strong which equals more potential for breakage.

3. No company makes replacement parts or replacement 8 hole bindings. Which means if you ever brake an 8 hole binding you have to buy new bindings AND boards. And, since all 8 hole bindings are made of cheap plastic it's more likely they will break.

4. The universal 4 hole insert pattern is an industry standard and is used by ALL core skiboarding companies. Which means you can interchange bindings and boards and even upgrade your boards and/or bindings independently from each other.

There really is no reason to buy foam core boards that use 8 hole plastic binding when you can buy high quality, wood core boards that use 4 hole all metal bindings for the same price or less.

Leave a comment:

• maxd1989
    replied
    Well, im very happy. The ball has started rolling on a deal for me to get last years SnowJam 90's lightly used for $70. Ive just got to sell me Snowblades and then ill be on SnowJams come first snowfall if all goes well, yes!

Leave a comment:

• Greco
    replied
    true dat. never an unhappy customer.

g

Leave a comment:

• Jason
    replied
    Definently not worth it. If your looking for releasables...just get spruces...I think everyone on this forum that has them likes them.

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    replied
    For £65 just for the kit, it would be cheaper to get the spruce boards with risers. Thats a lot of money for a novelty.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X