Extremely Positive Experience at Durango, CO This Past Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely Positive Experience at Durango, CO This Past Weekend

I'm usually not one to share stories on here but I had such a great time this weekend at Durango. I got a chance to ride with a local Durango skiboarder on Friday, meet up with a New Mexican skiboarder on Saturday, and on both Saturday on Sunday I got to ride and film with the Twin Tip Nation ski team, a shop out of Albuquerque, NM. Totally positive vibes all weekend from locals on the mountain, the ski team, and especially from the twin tippers at the resort. Everyone was totally stoked out to see legit skiboards (I rode Chickens and the two riders I met up with were on DLPs and Sherpas). They are used to seeing the K2 Fatty and Head 94s that the resort rents or the old line boards that some of the locals ride. The twin tippers were especially stoked to see that people can actually throw down on skiboards and not just as a skier messing around for the day. Twin Tip Nation was really great about everything. Some of the nicest people I have met since moving out here. Everyone on the mountain was asking for cards and information on skiboarding. It was just all super positive on every account. One thing that really made it great was a message that I received this morning from a friend regarding a comment her 10 year old son made yesterday while watching the team perform.

"So my little guy was talking about you yesterday on the lift. He said, you know those people with the TTN bibs on, there is one on snow blades but he's really good. He was doing double misty flips! Haha. You are getting noticed in a positive light."

And not, I didn't do a dub misty. Just single misty 5s and misty 7s.

I am just so stoked coming off this weekend with how well skiboarding was received at a place where I initially had a bad experience that I wanted to share it with you all. It reinforces my belief that to get a positive reaction about our sport it is simply how you present it to the world. So, keep positive and loving what you do. I know I sure am.
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

thats really good to hear! its nice hearing a good story rather than all the other stories about being hated on.

And the more people out there pushing themselves the better for the sport. Once a little kid like that sees something sick he can be hooked! and then he spreads the word to his friends and it gets bigger an bigger.

ride on

Comment

Had fun ski boarding with you on Friday! Wish I could go to Breck this week but have more company coming into town. I had a totally positive experience this weekend too!

We'll have to hit the mountain up again soon.

Comment

That is so awesome to hear! I love hearing good things about the skiboards! It's amazing to see how many people are actually interested in them and if you display a positive attitude while you ride you're doing a favor for the entire sport in general!

Keep up the good word!

On a side note, where you riding Saturday Dave? My ski bus goes to keystone.
        Always on the brink of success or insanity!

Comment

Brandon and I will be at Keystone. So, let's meet up and ride.
          I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

As I've said, as a whole, the people in NM tend to be pretty open to it, the main exception being a few elitists at Taos.
            I do it because I can.
            I can because I want to.
            I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
            '08 KTPs

Comment

Working...
            X