Sun Valley Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun Valley Idaho

Got back last night from a week there. It's a very nice low key resort. Problem is they have not had any new snow since xmas. This is a steep place to ski. The greens are blues everywhere else I've skied. The Warm Spring side gets no sun, so in these conditions, the icy groomers are brutal and cold. The chair to the top is the longest I've ever been on. It's 10 minutes to ride to the top and the you drop 3146' back down to the bottom. The other mountain, is the River Run side and is in the sun all day. I spent most of my time there. Temps were in the low 20's to low 30's. The lodges are beautiful and there is a ton on history there documented in the photos of the Sun Valley Lodge. I highly recomend this place for a visit. I saw only one skiboarder there from a chair. For some reason, there are very few snow boarders there. I skied the Sherpa on day 1. I skied my Hagen the other days due to the icy conditions.
    Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
    Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
    Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
    History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Too bad the weather and conditions did not cooperate for you. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

It looks like a scenic place. Ten minutes isn't too bad for a lift ride. At AZ Snowbowl it takes 18 minutes to ride the lift to the top. The longest ride I've ever experienced.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

right on , Wendell , you are having too much fun ! sun valley , then in a few short weeks shredfest !
        Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Zero Pro Non release Binding
        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
          It looks like a scenic place. Ten minutes isn't too bad for a lift ride. At AZ Snowbowl it takes 18 minutes to ride the lift to the top. The longest ride I've ever experienced.
          This was on a high speed quad. Is Snowbowl a high speed chair?
          Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
          Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
          Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
          History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
            This was on a high speed quad. Is Snowbowl a high speed chair?
            Really, a high-speed quad and still 10 minutes? No, the chair at Snowbowl isn't a high-speed quad. Snowbowl was in the same town where I lived. I would make the 3.5-hour drive to go to Sunrise just because they had a high-speed quad that would get you to the top in 6 minutes. Less time on the lifts and more time on the slopes makes for a more enjoyable time in my book.
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Looked like a neat place! Thanks for sharing Wendell!
              C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Working...
              X