My first convert ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first convert ever!

I've finally had my first ever convert to skiboarding. I met up with an old high school buddy in Park City and he knows I've been skiboarding since middle school. He finally rented some (crappy snowblades) but loved them! I told them that if he liked those he'll love our stuff.

Just wanted to let everyone know and keep up the good fight!
    Always on the brink of success or insanity!

Now that I have my new KTPs I let my girlfriend use my Firefly snowblades/short skis/whatever they are, and she liked them much more than regular skis.
    Revel8 2011 KTP 101cm Skiboards
    Zero Pro Silver Non-Release Bindings
    ATOMIC B50 Boots

Comment

Another one ...

Took my daughter to the indoor slope this morning. We had a 2h booking and prior to this she only had two days on skis up in Scotland, one which was a lesson day.

I put her on a pair of Gaspo Hot Max boards and we went straight up on the lifts. She went down cautiously trying to use snowploughs to turn and stop. It took about three runs for her to get her confidence and understanding how to get on edges

She never fell over once in the whole session. She did spin around a couple of times, then going backwards for a bit, but she soon figured out that was all part of the learning process. (All-in-all the release bindings did not even get tested).

By the end of the 2h she was snaking down the slope, doing both wide and narrows turns, the snowplough was eliminated, and skiboarding's got it latest fan.
      Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
      Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
      Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

That's awesome to hear! Skiboards really teach new skiiers not to snow plow because it's much harder to do so on them. It teaches good form and technique while still being fun!

Comment

My neighbor who used to ski a lot in college and then hasn't skiied for many years .. went skiing for the first time in years last weekend with his ancient narrow long skis and ill fitting ancient boots.. although he liked trying skiing again he didn't like his equipment too well ... yesterday he and I and our families went to the ski area in firm icy conditions ... he fit my son's size 12 ski boots . and i put him first on the spruce 120 with pro prime risers and then the Sherpa .. he loved both boards , had a great time , and took to them like a duck to water . ... felt the sherpa turned just as easy for him as the 120's and kind of preferred the extra stability of the Sherpa ... he went very fast on them and I had a hard time keeping up on my AlPs ! he tried going with and without poles .. but felt more comfortable with poles.... i think he may be in the market soon for a pair of sherpas !.... he is a big guy 240 lbs 6'3'....
          Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Zero Pro Non release Binding
          Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
          Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
          Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Found a skiboarder at Vail riding Alpine boards (at least I think it was). I left him a card and he seemed interested! He loved the wide look of the KTPs.

Comment

Working...
            X