Got the 2011 KTP's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the 2011 KTP's!

Well I have been a skiier for about 8 yrs and been inline skating for about 10 yrs and this yr decided to get a pair of skiboards! Thanks to everyones help on this forum helping me choose the right pair. Went with the KTP's! Should be getting my Receptor bindings today! Cant wait to try these bad boys out! Thanks everyone. BTW anyone ski at blue mountain in PA? Lemme know we can meet up and ride.

Welcome to the sport. Especially as an inliner I think you will love and feel extremely comfortable with the transition. KTP himself is a transitioned inliner to skiboarder as well. I am not quite sure where Blue Mountain is, but depending on how far you are there are a bunch of skiboarders, including FlowTeam rider Art Jennings, that ride at Mountain Creek in northern New Jersey.
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

I skiboard at blue..i just got the ktp too..i will be there next friday. I was there last friday nd someone had the condors so there r a few skiboarders there.
      '11 Revel8 KTP

Comment

no s***. Nice how are they workin out for you? Should be gettin the bindings today so cant wait to go! maybe we can meet up sometime.

Comment

I will use them first time on friday...so I will let u know then
          '11 Revel8 KTP

Comment

I pick my '11 KTPs up tomorrow. First test ride on Sunday.
            Quite stoked
            Revel8 2011 KTP 101cm Skiboards
            Zero Pro Silver Non-Release Bindings
            ATOMIC B50 Boots

Comment

Went yesterday and I can not express my love for these things in words!
              I had never actually used a set of skiboards, so I wasn't totally sure what to expect. I've rode on short ski's (Firefly 90cm I think.) for the past coulple f seasons and had always wanted a real pair.

My first impression.. WOW. I never thought I would feel so natural on a set of boards Ièd never tried before. They felt like a part of my body.. First day and I was riding fakie for about half of it.. getting air, carving fast. I had never felt that in-control!

Greco you do an amazing thing. I will definitely be picking up another pair in the future.
              ATOMIC B50 Boots

Comment

Excellent to hear it went well on your first ride. Enjoy!
                sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Did manage to scratch my beautiful topsheets a little.. and my tails must have been hitting each other a bit too, because I've got a little damage on the inside edges about halfway between my binding and my tail. I guess that just means I need to pay more attention to my stance.

The part I like most about them, compared to my short ski's, is the way they carve so much better. At high speeds I was still able to cut into the snow, and the boards would naturally want to jump to the other side as soon as I was ready.

I was also really impressed with the balance they provide, despite their length. I went off a few mid trail kickers repeatedly, and not once did I bail. A couple of sloppy landings, sure, but their width allowed me a bit more forgiveness on the landing than with my short skis. That and the center mounted binding, I suppose.

I have a Seasons Flex pass(Allows for once/week) to my local mountain (Hemlock Valley Resort.. Only an hour drive.), so I will definitely be honing my skills over the coming months.

<3skiboards
                  ATOMIC B50 Boots

Comment

Originally posted by HeadlineNews View Post
                    I have a Seasons Flex pass(Allows for once/week) to my local mountain (Hemlock Valley Resort.. Only an hour drive.), so I will definitely be honing my skills over the coming months.

<3skiboards
                    Let me know if you're ever going up on a Saturday, I'm in Langley, so about as far from there as you are, but I usually ride Seymour.
                    2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

Working...
                    X