Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Mammoth tale

Hey all!!

I just got back from Mammoth mountain and all I can say is AWESOME!!(as usual). The parks were sick and the steeps were even better and the tree runs were epic. I wasnt even supposed to go but I could not resist the temptation to ride. We rode for 4 glorious days in beautiful sunshine and excellent snow. Our "good buddies" (NOT) from LINE were there. Of course no skiboards at all in their booth. I was going to walk up and slap an SBOL sticker on their booth but there was too many people there looking at us because we were on skiboards. The last day however was fairly disturbing. As we were taking off our boots and gear at our locker 3 assholes appeared from around the corner. As they walked by they must have seen our board bags or something cause they shouted "Yeah skiboards.com" and they were laughing saying uder their breath "fuckin skiboarding...oh yeah". This is the problem that I always have with twin tip assholes(not all). Of course as I stood up and said to the one guy talking "what the fuck did you say you piece of shit?" The pussies just kept walking away. I wanted to kick the shit out of them so bad. I actually kept looking for them as well but of course...they were nowhere to be found. Probably a good thing though. I probably would have either went to jail or they would have been in the hospital getting skiboards surgically removed from their asses. So I guess it is a good thing. I am mot in jail and I still have my skiboards. Other than that it was an epic time and there are now MANY SBOL stickers in various places at Mammoth mountain. If you havent riden Mammoth yet....Make your reservation for next season cause it is out of control. Tickets are good a june mountain as well(30 min past Mammoth). http://www.jm2unbound.com/main/ Go to the interactive flash site and check out the jib inventory and the videos. Pretty sick. But then again so are Mammoth's 2 main parks.
    Live and ride like there's no tomorrow...because tomorrow might not be here for you.

Yeah I go to Mammoth pretty often, its a very big place, being 3000 acres and all. Park is among the best out there, with all the hits close together and a lot of choices and things to do other than the typical jumps and rails.

Remarks like that are something we'll have to get used to. People will be like that when they see something different. Just imagine what it was like 20 years ago and carrying a snowboard, you'll feel better and do the right thing and just don't pay attention. Believe me, they probably had it worse back then.

It would be the easy thing to lodge half a skiboard into someone's brain (or a 500,000 volt stungun lodged into his neck), and it would sure *feel good* right away, but now instead of an *a$$* on a snowboard, we got an *a$$* on a skiboard.

I remember once being pelted from the skilift by some kids who thought it would be cool to launch snowballs from the lift. Damn lucky I wore a helmet, although the impact did leave some marks, as it was almost hardened ice when it hit. All I did was remember what they were wearing, headed down to the lift shack, and complained. When they got to the top, the lift stopped and their ticket was promptly taken away. I'm sure that hurt a lot more talkin trash back, and its the legal, if not, right thing to do.
    Snow Jam 90TT

Comment

Yeah....I was just glad that it happened on the last day so it didnt piss me off the whole time I was there. People were looking at me wierd when I went flying down Climax and and the Cornice. I guess they thought you couldnt hit double blacks on skiboards. Lots of moguls this time around.
      Live and ride like there's no tomorrow...because tomorrow might not be here for you.

Comment

yeah don't be like me I have a short temper. and everytime a boarder or skier says shit i get in their face till they physically push or hit me then i beat their ass. might not exactly be the look we should give otu for skiboarders. but someone needs to stick up for us. not to mention there are 12 year old honkey snowboarders with doo-rags and pants falling off their ass "while wearing a belt" all the while listening to 2-pac. those are the kids that people should hate. not us.

-Branden
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X