Dry spots on edges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry spots on edges

Hey guys, Im new to the forum and have a question about the bottom of my boards. After every time i go out on the mountain the bottom of my boards have that milky white look all around the edges, about a half inch to an inch in from the edge. I wax them myself and i was wondering if this is do to not waxing properly or if it is a common occurance. Thanks guys.

That's happened to me as well. It's really noticeable if you have dark bases. I always figured it was normal wax wear.

Comment

Originally posted by FuryofRich View Post
      Hey guys, Im new to the forum and have a question about the bottom of my boards. After every time i go out on the mountain the bottom of my boards have that milky white look all around the edges, about a half inch to an inch in from the edge. I wax them myself and i was wondering if this is do to not waxing properly or if it is a common occurance. Thanks guys.
      Sounds like it is a result of effective edging/carving on your part.
      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
        Ha, WIN!
        If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
        www.GetFitnessFast.com
        www.FastFitShake.com
        www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
        '07 BWP's
        2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
        Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Plus I ski in the east so man made snow and ice don't help the situation too much either.

Comment

Plus I ski in the east so man made snow and ice don't help the situation too much either.
            I get these on my boards as well. The only ones I don't get 'em on are my Woodies, which have a different type base.

Comment

Same here, I always figured it was normal wax wear. I love to carve it up too so that makes sense now that Slow pointed that out.
              08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

I noticed that on my Revolt "Trees" as well...and only rode them twice. Def a result of having black bases...that milkiness shows up so much more. I decided to freshly hot wax them cause it annoyed me and didn't look pretty :P
                R8 Revolt "Trees" w/ Red Line FreeFlex Bindings - Dynastar Twins w/ Line Red FreeFlex Bindings

Comment

I have the same thing on my 07 ALPs I just got this year even though I wax them every few times out depending on how long we go and how the snow is. It's a relief to know this is pretty normal
                  '07 "soft" ALPs
                  Eyeball DLPs
                  125 LEs
                  Ospreys mounted bindings
                  Crossbows
                  Spruce riser release bindings
                  Sometimes borrower of Chad's spare Blunt XLs

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                    ^^this

^^and this

after riding on ice for a few hours the edges of my bases get chalky. if i ride softer powder, they look fine after a full day of serious carving
                    - Alpina Fatboards with 8-hole bindings (retired as shot-skis)
                    - 2003 Line Pro with FF-pro (on loan to friend)
                    - 2010 KTP Revel8 Receptors with 2012 Orange Receptors
                    - 2012 Rockered Condors with 2010 Black Receptors
                    - 2014 DLP with 2021 Blue Receptors

Comment

It's all normal. I snowboarded for 17 years and the same thing happened to my snowboards. It's a combination of where the wax is in regards to the width of the board and the pressure being placed on the ends of the boards. Softer snow doesn't affect the boards as much because you don't put as much pressure on the edges. Harder packed and icier snow (the Ice Coast) definitely puts this pressure on. Since moving to Colorado I haven't really had that issue anymore, but all last season while riding in the east it always occurred. Don't worry, your boards are fine.
                      I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Working...
                      X