First time making video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time making video

Today was my first day at Snow Valley (have a season pass there). Tried making a point-of-view movie for the first time ever. Just a simple green-circle run (Family).

Here it is:

I'm trying to improve my technique (both for making video and skiboarding itself, hehe) so any comments are welcome!

SBOL Team III Rider

Skiboards
       Revel8 2010 Revolt "Bullseye" 105cm
       Revel8 2009 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
       Revel8 2009 Tansho 90cm (BriGirl's)
    Bindings
       Spruce 2011 Pro Jr Risers & Head Release Bindings
       Spruce 2010 Pro Lite Risers & Roxy Release Bindings (BriGirl's)
    Other
       Salomon 2009 Mission x4 boots
       Sims T22 Omen helmet

It looks to me like you're not making much use of your edges, at least in the two litte bits where you point the camera down. If that's the case for most of your riding, you'll find that once you start to ride with your edges that you feel much more stable and confident on your boards at speed. For me I also find it's a lot easier to scrub off a bit of speed by doing some small turns that doing a bit of a wedge.

With that said, my technique might suck. I should do the same as you and get some critique. I'm heading out to Earl Bales after work today for my first time out this season. I'm hoping everything comes back quickly from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by dis View Post
      It looks to me like you're not making much use of your edges, at least in the two litte bits where you point the camera down. If that's the case for most of your riding, you'll find that once you start to ride with your edges that you feel much more stable and confident on your boards at speed. For me I also find it's a lot easier to scrub off a bit of speed by doing some small turns that doing a bit of a wedge.

With that said, my technique might suck. I should do the same as you and get some critique. I'm heading out to Earl Bales after work today for my first time out this season. I'm hoping everything comes back quickly from last year.
      This was a green hill at Snow Valley, so it wasn't nearly as steep as anything at Blue Mountain. It was hard to get speed. I find when I try and get on edges at low speed, I end up catching and falling sideways. I come from the skiing camp so I'm still trying to unlearn how to snowplough!

SBOL Team III Rider

Skiboards
         Revel8 2010 Revolt "Bullseye" 105cm
         Revel8 2009 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
         Revel8 2009 Tansho 90cm (BriGirl's)
      Bindings
         Spruce 2011 Pro Jr Risers & Head Release Bindings
         Spruce 2010 Pro Lite Risers & Roxy Release Bindings (BriGirl's)
      Other
         Salomon 2009 Mission x4 boots
         Sims T22 Omen helmet

Comment

I just spent the night at Earl Bales. I used my edges some, but if I was looking to pick up speed, I flattened out my skiboards and tucked. I found that helped a bunch.

There was a guy there on skiboards. I think they were lines, but I didn't get a chance to talk to him as he was teaching someone how to ski.

Comment

Working...
        X