Ski instructor dissing skiboards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ski instructor dissing skiboards!

Yesterday we went skiing again. I'm doing so much better!!! I finally was able to go down something other than the bunny hill! LOL

Anyway, a ski instructor stopped me and asked me if I like my boards (Snowjam 75cm). I told him I loved them! He said be careful on them, he's seen so many people get horribly injured on them blah, blah, blah. Said he has a pair and would never use them again. If you're not 100% centered on the board you'll end up spinning and spinning! (Yeah whatever). Of course he was on reg. skis.

I wasn't able to ski on those long a$$ things! I'm so happy I found skiboards!!! If it wasn't for the shorter length I'm sure I'd never be skiing! And no, I've never had a problem spinning and spinning! LOL

I think spinning he is referring to is called 'buttering', and it's a controlled spin, where you dig in with one and let the other loose and you can spin all the way down a mountain if you like. I like buttering on the edge of a fast turn and making it wide. It can be embarrassing when you catch an edge.

A lot of instructors do not like skiboards due to their non-release bindings. They are sold on skis and you'll never be able to change their minds. So no worries, and glad you like the boards.

Comment

Lol I teach my advanced lessons with skibaords because my form is so much better on skiboards at that level than on skis.

By the way I am an instructor at my local hill.
      Revel8 ALPdors
      Gold Revel8 Receptors
      Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
      ____
      Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
      If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Not all ski instructors diss skiboards.. in fact one nationally recognized program in Aspen that teaches ageing skiers how to have fun in moguls and powder has at its core the use of skiboards ...

http://www.bumpsforboomers.com/skibo...u-learn-faster

"Top skiers and the PSIA National Demo Team train with skiboards to fine-tune their skiing. Now you can too. You will be amazed at how quickly you will progress."
        Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Zero Pro Non release Binding
        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
          Not all ski instructors diss skiboards.. in fact one nationally recognized program in Aspen that teaches ageing skiers how to have fun in moguls and powder has at its core the use of skiboards ...

http://www.bumpsforboomers.com/skibo...u-learn-faster

"Top skiers and the PSIA National Demo Team train with skiboards to fine-tune their skiing. Now you can too. You will be amazed at how quickly you will progress."
          lol the level 3 psia instructors make fun of my skiboards. I still stomp all over them in speed though haha
          Revel8 ALPdors
          Gold Revel8 Receptors
          Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
          ____
          Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
          If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Working...
          X