Hot wax notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot wax notes

My hot wax looses its luster after a few sessions. Since I'm short on time I need to keep the wax jobs to a minimum, but still keep the boards waxed enuf to keep me happy.

I settled on 4 - 2 hour sessions as the max for a wax job for my liking. When I wax a board I put a note paper in the case with the date it was waxed and 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 in the corners. As I use the boards I tear off a corner. When they are all gone...time for a wax.

I usually have 6 pair of boards going at once, so always some some fresh wax available.
    Attached Files

Batch scraping must get awful tiring, do you have a vice or support to make it easier?
    www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
    DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
    Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
    GGO soft boot bindings
    Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

Nope. Just do 1 or 2 pair a night. Another reason I like SB's - lot nicer to scrape shorties than the long planks. And hot wax has gone up a lot in $$. I used to use swix, but got a deal on bulk snowbaord wax and use it now.

Comment

To make batch waxing/scraping/brushing easier, I recommend keeping your scraper sharp and investing in a wide roller style stiff brush and holder that you hook up to a portable drill. I maintain 5 snowboards and many pairs of skiboards and they are a real time saver. Check the roller brush out at the Tognar website.
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

That drill brush does seem nice, a little over priced which bugs me. I just bought some fiberline paper for the first time since they say it absorbs extra wax and reduces prep time. Havent tried it out yet.
          www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
          DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
          Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
          GGO soft boot bindings
          Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
            To make batch waxing/scraping/brushing easier, I recommend keeping your scraper sharp and investing in a wide roller style stiff brush and holder that you hook up to a portable drill. I maintain 5 snowboards and many pairs of skiboards and they are a real time saver. Check the roller brush out at the Tognar website.
            Slow,

Tognar has several different brands and models of arbors and rotary brushes...do you have a recomendation?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              Slow,

Tognar has several different brands and models of arbors and rotary brushes...do you have a recomendation?
              Toko Snowboard Handle w/o Plexiglass - TOK-2584 - $69.95

I have tried a couple of brushes and like this one the best:
              Red Creek 30 cm wide - SPK-500316 - $89.95
              sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

I've been using a paint scrapper for the last couple years. The plastic scrapper I got doesn't cut it. I just have to be a bit more careful when I get closer to the bases so I don't scratch them up but so far it's been fine.
                08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                  Toko Snowboard Handle w/o Plexiglass - TOK-2584 - $69.95

I have tried a couple of brushes and like this one the best:
                  Red Creek 30 cm wide - SPK-500316 - $89.95

When I got plexiglass sharpener for the scraper it really helped.

Comment

Originally posted by slackercruster View Post
                    When I got plexiglass sharpener for the scraper it really helped.
                    Good point. Drywall sandpaper (open mesh) is also very good for sharpening plastic scrapers.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X