• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chads gap

is it possible on skiboards?

http://newschoolers.com/PHP/Forum/Re...134953&catid=1

why not?

PS an interesting thread there!
    if you want to experience the element - get out of the vehicle!

Comment

cus its huge so would you be able to get the speed and be able to land on skiboards?

Comment

why not?

Comment

impossible
          POW!nded

Comment

but why? :P

if you have a good enough push, the rest is a history-to-be

Comment

well someone try it and then email me from the hospital telling me about there broken bones.

Comment

its a 120 foot gap... pro skiers and snowboarders have trouble with it.. a skiboarder hitting it would be absolute suicide
                POW!nded

Comment

impossible, there isnt enough room for speed, i've seen skiers die because they get speed wobble just on the speed for the inrun, skiboards or a ski under 140 is impossible

b
                  Bentfilms

Comment

someone fly me over to america and provide me with a snowmobile to tow me and i'll do it, no problem...

(just kidding by the way...but if you do want to fly me over to america feel free!)

Comment

While you're all considering the possibility...

Enjoy this thread and consider the risks...

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=26313

Comment

chad's gap is impossible for everyone one earth but Candide Thovex...

Impossible for skiboarders of course... you'll never get enough speed on skiboards with this kind of backountry of backcountry "powdery" slopes...

Comment

i still deem it's possible, technically!!! not that i personally could do it with no blink, but there is no objective reasons why it should not be possible. physics allow it!

Comment

Originally posted by guigui
                            chad's gap is impossible for everyone one earth but Candide Thovex...

Impossible for skiboarders of course... you'll never get enough speed on skiboards with this kind of backountry of backcountry "powdery" slopes...
                            loads well quite a few people have done chads gap, tanner hall just broke both his ankles trying to switch 1080 it, not sure what the truth behind the trick is but i know he did break his ankles, his out for 10 weerks. ho on newschoolers and type in chads gap under videos, you get like some kid front flipping it and stuff.

Comment

this picture is explosive on that website. I saw a lot of people start respecting the "bladers" from this pic... i hope this guy actually pulled it off because it really opens a new chance for skiboarders to take backcountry by storm. Some photos in ski and skiing magazine would be nice of us jumping some 100 ft cliffs.
                              ski[board] all winter

Comment

Working...
                              X