Tahoe Going Off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tahoe Going Off!

A cold storm barreling out of Alaska has dumped 4 feet of snow at the ski resorts in 2 days .. with more snow in the forecast for the next three days..... Best Thanksgiving holiday snow in 6 years !
    All you folks in Northen Cali , go for it !
    Today my son and two of his buddies braved nasty driving conditions to and from Northstar , scored some great powder snow ...

At the parking lot unpacking gear ... this is the snow at the parking lot ! and my favorite ride !

Picture of chair lift ride going up ..

Happy skiboarder at the top of a nice run of broken deep pow ...

Wish I had found this run earlier before it got diced up but still was lots of fun .. hard to see how nice the snow is in the off light

Wendell , I think you scored some discount season passes to Heavenly/Northstar/Sierra
    Time for you to get up to Tahoe !

Thanks for the tip .. I picked up passes for Jordan and I also before the prices went up this weekend.
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Originally posted by jjue View Post
    A cold storm barreling out of Alaska has dumped 4 feet of snow at the ski resorts in 2 days .. with more snow in the forecast for the next three days..... Best Thanksgiving holiday snow in 6 years !
    You gotta be freakin' kidding me. I'm going to curl up into a ball now and cry like a baby. Any chance you'd like to adopt me?
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

6 feet in 3 days

Boreal reported on their web site this morning that they have received an incredible 6 feet of snow in 3 days at Donner Summit !
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Jack, that's it. Keep rubbing it in.
        Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
          Jack, that's it. Keep rubbing it in.
          sorry sempai ... wish you were here, for sure ! anyway more salt for the wounds.. the resorts are now in a bragging game as to who got the most snow .. .
          Kirkwood in the South Lake Tahoe area posted this on their web site today .. Kirkwood is a hiking allowed ski area .. but avalanche risk is high now with all the new snow and all the resorts are furiously getting ready and doing avalanche control work .. this is really a pretty epic event ..

"MORE SNOW!!
          The additional snowfall overnight has boosted our storm total to 105" - that's some serious pow!! Ski Patrol and Mountain Ops are working diligently to ready the mountain to open this Wednesday, please respect them by not hiking within resort boundaries as this will only slow their progress. Looking forward to some epic Thanksgiving skiing and riding, start the countdown... we'll see you in a couple of days!! "
          Boards :
          Boots
          Bindings:

Comment

that is amazing! probably wont get close to a mountain for another month here!

----
            Revel8 ALPs
            Bomber Elites
            Salomon Foil Boots

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
              Wendell , I think you scored some discount season passes to Heavenly/Northstar/Sierra
              Time for you to get up to Tahoe !

Thanks for the tip .. I picked up passes for Jordan and I also before the prices went up this weekend.
              Jack,
              The snow looks great. I can't believe how much we got. Did you pick your pass up there? I've been expecting to see it in my mail. Have to get up there soon.

Wendell
              Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
              Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
              Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
              History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
                Jack,
                The snow looks great. I can't believe how much we got. Did you pick your pass up there? I've been expecting to see it in my mail. Have to get up there soon.

Wendell
                Hi Wendell , yes picked it up at Northstar , they took my picture there .. we did not buy it online but bought it at the Ski dazzle ski show and we had to go to the resort to finish the processing .

Let me know when you are going up and will try to meet up with you !
                Boards :
                Boots
                Bindings:

Comment

Snow going off everywhere in the CA Sierra's!! love it!!!!! woo-hoo!
                  C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Tahoe's not the only place getting dumped on. Colorado's getting a ton on both side of the slope. Breck has gotten 70"+ and Wolf Creek just got around 48" in the past few weeks. Breck opened with a triple jump line and a few jibs for their park and after two weeks have already had their bowls open. Keystone already has eight jumps and thirty plus jibs open.

Let's not forget Utah. I flew out of SLC on Tuesday night in a blizzard.
                    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Jack,
                      Im renewing my pass this weekend so i can get that triple whammy pass! I moved to santa barbara this semester for school but im coming back in about a week so ill be hitting up all these places all season. Also let me know if youre making another trip up ill try to get time off and come up. Also got a job at BevMo! so i can trade some goodies for the trail guide lol. Hope to see ya soon ill let you know when im in town
                      10 Revel8 Condors
                      08 Revel8 BWP w/ 08 Bomber's
                      Line Five-0's w/ Snowjam Extreme II's
                      Line Jedi's on the Skibike
                      Line FF composite

Comment

Originally posted by kx125rider1313 View Post
                        Jack,
                        Im renewing my pass this weekend so i can get that triple whammy pass! I moved to santa barbara this semester for school but im coming back in about a week so ill be hitting up all these places all season. Also let me know if youre making another trip up ill try to get time off and come up. Also got a job at BevMo! so i can trade some goodies for the trail guide lol. Hope to see ya soon ill let you know when im in town
                        Hi Anthony, real nice to hear from you ! yes , let me know when you are in town and we will hook up ... i really want to get you on the backcountry touring kit for the Condor so you can try it out !
                        Boards :
                        Boots
                        Bindings:

Comment

Working...
                        X