We Rode Mammoth Today , Opening Day !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Rode Mammoth Today , Opening Day !

My Son , his buddy and my wife took a trip down to Mammoth for opening day .
    Great conditions for today , with top to bottom riding with 3 feet of snow up top and 1 1/2 feet at the bottom .

My son and his buddy ready to shred...

Dad at the summit ... with Condors ...

The nice run from the summit ....
    the off piste was windblown but carveable . , the groomed snow in the center was firm and nice ...

Nice views of the mountain from the chair ...

Some nice untracked pow lower down ..

Father and son having a little fun !
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

You've got to be kidding me. Three feet?

EDIT: Oh my God, season pass for only $900? And later it will be $1700?! WHAT THE HELL.

Comment

Right on!. Glad to see other people are out. I rode Wolf Creek last weekend and tomorrow I am riding opening day at Breck. They're opening with three jib parks and a triple jump line. So stoked!
      I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Totally jealous.

There's a possibility I'll be getting my first turns in this Saturday. The locals have been getting a fair amount of snow, nothing will be open, but it might be worth a hike.
        2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

Originally posted by fourdown View Post
          Right on!. Glad to see other people are out. I rode Wolf Creek last weekend and tomorrow I am riding opening day at Breck. They're opening with three jib parks and a triple jump line. So stoked!
          Wolf Creek is already open...F*ck! I have to move back to the West.
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

man it sucks out here!

i thought i was lucky and i was riding about 4" of snow

thats great tho jjue, looks fun....awesome to see fathers an sons skiing together. When i have a kid im gonna put him on skis from birth!

Comment

Hey guys. Skiboard meetup at Jack's?

Comment

Hey Jack,

Mountain high also opened yesterday. One lift and all man made snow. I wanted to go but I also like having my bases intact. I think they advertised an 8-12" base. I watched their web cam and I saw only one skier going up on the lift.Pretty good for a SoCal opening though. Good to see Mammoth looks great. Might have to take a 4 hour roadtrip.

Chad
                64 CM Bigfoot’s
                100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
                110 CM Rockered Condors
                130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Wow Jack. Excellent 1st day conditions and weather. Looks like it was well worth the drive for you. Thanks for teasing us with the pictures and video.
                  sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Breck was so great today. Unfortunately, my friend hit his head and got a concussion on a cork 5 and we had to end our day early. But, we hit some untracked 2' of powder. The triple jump line was decent. Tomorrow we hit Keystone. See, I'm glad I moved to the west.
                    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Breck was so great today. Unfortunately, my friend hit his head and got a concussion on a cork 5 and we had to end our day early. But, we hit some untracked 2' of powder. The triple jump line was decent. Tomorrow we hit Keystone. See, I'm glad I moved to the west.
                      Sure, rub it in.
                      Boards/Bindings:
                      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo jealousssssssssssss

we had some snow then it was gone after a few days
                        - I C U -
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Revel8 Revolt "City"
                        Bomber Elite I's

Comment

Today at Keystone was even better than yesterday. Snowed all day, the park has so many rail setups, and we found some backwoods powder stashes with a few drops and rock jumps. So rad.
                          I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

Today at Keystone was even better than yesterday. Snowed all day, the park has so many rail setups, and we found some backwoods powder stashes with a few drops and rock jumps. So rad.
                            dammm

how much are tickets to CO? lol

Comment

Woo-Hoo!!!! very cool!
                              C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Working...
                              X