Cool App for the winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool App for the winter

Hey, I just thoght I'd let you all know, there's a cool app- for Android- probably out there for you Iphone people too. Skireport. It's showing me all the Ski Resorts in my area, gives weather, snow reports, and weather forecasts. Also gives hours of operation and lifts and even webcams. Nice app.

Originally posted by Manlig View Post
    Hey, I just thoght I'd let you all know, there's a cool app- for Android- probably out there for you Iphone people too. Skireport. It's showing me all the Ski Resorts in my area, gives weather, snow reports, and weather forecasts. Also gives hours of operation and lifts and even webcams. Nice app.
    Doesn't appear to be available for iPhone.
    Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
    Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
    Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

for iPhone....download/buy REALSKI

thing saved me in Utah.

When your at a resort, you hold it up like a camera and it shows which way the different trails are, shows them in color and by name.

Its like a GPS for ON the mountain

When we found sick chutes and runs in the middle of the woods in Utah we were able to get right back to those spots by using this app and when someone told us a Trail Name to take we could find it easily.

Also i use iTrailMap- you can basically pull up the trail maps for any resort your going to.

And ive downloaded Modball which i think is a GPS Speedometer. havent used it yet but i downloaded it so i can see how fast im skiing one day (though holding the iPhone and trying to go as fast as i can might be dangerous)

Comment

Realski huh? That sounds perfect for when I'm off my home mountain. I'm sure the iPhone has a comparable App for the snow reports etc- Something about seeing the snow reports and pictures of my local resorts with SNOW on them already... gets me way too excited.

Comment

Sadly for us folks over in Europe, Realski is North America only.
          ITrailMap has European maps though.
          There is also iSki Austria which offers more information than just piste maps. As the name implies its only for Austria.
          Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

oh i didnt realize REALSKI was just US haha

as for just ski reports i use a app called "Ski Report" lists all the mountains nearby or afar and has a cool POWDER option that lets you see where new snow is and how much

Comment

Originally posted by ny300z View Post
              oh i didnt realize REALSKI was just US haha

as for just ski reports i use a app called "Ski Report" lists all the mountains nearby or afar and has a cool POWDER option that lets you see where new snow is and how much
              Realski has Canadian resorts too. Not just the US.

Ski Report? That's where we started. That appears to be for Android only.
              Do you mean SkiResort? That app has very mixed reviews on iTunes.
              Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit View Post
                Realski has Canadian resorts too. Not just the US.

Ski Report? That's where we started. That appears to be for Android only.
                Do you mean SkiResort? That app has very mixed reviews on iTunes.
                haha no i just overlooked that lol. I was talking bout the same one he mentioned at first...ive had it for my iPhone since last year so u should be able to find it...look below

http://www.skireport.com/iphone/

Comment

Originally posted by ny300z View Post
                  haha no i just overlooked that lol. I was talking bout the same one he mentioned at first...ive had it for my iPhone since last year so u should be able to find it...look below

http://www.skireport.com/iphone/
                  Not available on the UK iTunes store. That's why I couldn't find it.
                  Though I guess that its North American resorts only?
                  Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit View Post
                    Not available on the UK iTunes store. That's why I couldn't find it.
                    Though I guess that its North American resorts only?
                    oh that sucks!

f*ck it just call them haha

Comment

MyTracks for android is good too.... GPS speedometer and altimiter. Basically maps out your route over the mountain. So you know where you went and how much vertical you skied in a day. Also can do waypoints for finding things in the woods so you can get back there.

Comment

There's lot's of apps on the iPhone for snow reports. The North Face and REI both sponsor apps which gives you the details with a bit of advertising. The one from the North Face has a feature that lets you track every day you shred, and at what mountain.

Comment

Working...
                        X