No announcement yet.

rocker/flat/early rise revolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of camber and what it does or does not do , especially as related to the movement to reverse camber or rockered skis .. . here is a very nice thread on TGR forum , the question is whether a little camber is important at all , or is zero camber or reverse camber ok for all mountain skis , I am not sure how all this applies to skiboards but it makes for interesting reading

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=190385

My experience on skiboards is in line with Valmorel's , a little camber is good and helps with hard snow performance , too much camber is not good . being able to decamber the board easily in soft snow is very nice ....
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Thanks for the out of the box low camber note.

In regards to losing camber, what about a board made from Carbon Fiber? That's super rigid, and they use the stuff for the fuselage of the Boeing 787- so the stuff can be tough if made right ( I see cheapo carbon fiber for after market parts on import cars all the time) I think Goode make fully Carbon fiber skis too- and they say they are crazy light.

Would a carbon fiber skiboard made with a specifi camber hold the camber, be super rigid, and reduce weight even more?

Comment

pretty much all revel8 skiboards have dual carbon fiber strips inside them.
        Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

I rode Rossy S3s last season and this season I am on 2012's. I love the rocker/reverse camber. I ride 163 jib skis and they turn like a skiboard because of the rocker/camber. but they have nice pop and they can cruise easy.

-B
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X