Originally posted by Fast View Post
    Thank god finally someone else who is 14
    haha yea but I wont be 14 for long December 16th I'll be 15 haha

Thanks for the reviews guys

Leave a comment:

• ny300z
    replied
    salmons nasty haha

i think ill go back to my BWPs when i get better at park, there such a perfect size.

Having 2 different pairs of skiboards is great, 3 is probably even better.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Bloom
    replied
    I love "Salmon" but I'm more of a lox kinda guy.

Leave a comment:

• Branden
    replied
    I started on bgps from groove and loved em. Then to loken ape torches. Ten to bwps. I tried the alps but only like them for huge jumps. 98s are where my heart belong. Short flexy quick edge to edge. Best rail and medium size park board out there. And I rock em in powder at jay too. I'm 510 170lb. And am a park junkie. Love the rails and medium size jumps. About 98% of the time im in the park. I have regular skis for just cruising. (salomon 2012's 163. Check out the camber on em)

-B

Leave a comment:

• Dave Bloom
    replied
    Brandolla, are we the only B-Dubbary riders?

Leave a comment:

• Branden
    replied
    I love the BWP's. ktp's feel too sloppy underfoot. to much flat. I love staying on edge and having nice light boards to whip around

bwps +1

Leave a comment:

• Courtney
    replied
    I'm about 5"4' and I love the KTPs compared to the Tanshos. The Tanshos are great boards, but the KTPs can go through absolutely anything. Choppy snow was a rough ride on the Tanshos, but the KTPs just blow through the chop and you don't even feel it.

Leave a comment:

• Fast
    replied
    Thank god finally someone else who is 14

Leave a comment:

• Colt
    replied
    that sounds very useful dave. I'm not saying we should get the following boards just saying height size kinda makes sense. Bryan=6'1"= ALP/Condors Cody 5' 11"=Revolts
    Ethan5'6"/7"?=KTP's/BWP's (but he alreadys has BWP's) Me 5'4"/5'5"=BWP's/KTP's and Drew 5'1" should get tanshos but you said they wont be good at Mt.Creek so maybe BWP's. So now really Cody Bryan Drew and I should talk about them or what?

Leave a comment:

• Dave Bloom
    replied
    Get whatever boards one of you cousins aren't getting. That way you can just switch them up to whoever likes what. There are five of you and one of you should be riding Revolts. So, if everyone else is getting KTPs or B-Dubs, there you go. Don't get Tanshos because they wont float at all on those new-wet-snow days that Mountain Creek tends to have often. My B-Dubs were perfect last year with just about every condition at Mountain Creek. I did go there twice while it was snowing hard and trying to make it through 8" of wet Jersey snow on B-Dubs proved to be a pain. I was moving quite slow and had to straightline every feature to hit it with any sort of speed. Other than that, the B-Dubs are great for what you will need them for this season. But, like I said, you guys are all going to be riding together and having different boards would be useful. You don't want to be a crew of anything with all of the same rides. The five of you should sit down and discuss it, without arguing. If you don't have anything by the time I get back in December I'll let you try out a variety of boards to see what you feel comfortable on.

Leave a comment:

• Colt
    replied
    Thanks for the help. Jeaho(think Dave Bloom told me that was your name) I'd appreciate if you would let me im probally only riding Mt.Creek this year unless their is some meets I'll try and make them. My brother has BWP's my cousin might get them too. My little brother might get tansho's and my other cousin is getting KTP's.(one of them might get Revolts) Kirk (pro one not flow) gave me advice on the stuff I should do like airs spins and grinds. I'm gonna be learing from Art Jennings ans Dave Bloom when he visists.

Leave a comment:

• Karl
    replied
    JPARK is pretty spot on. I'm about 6'1" 200lbs and the KTPs are my favorite boards to ride. The KTPs took me a little adjusting but once I got comfortable on them I was able to put a little something more into them and that's when they unleashed their awesomeness. I even went up to the condors last year, something I never thought I'd do and I love them. Every board has a distinct personality about them and none that I've tried have been abrasive.

I haven't even rode my BWPs yet since my wife has been on them every time we go but I'd say you couldn't go wrong with BWPs to start. At your size those are what I'd recommend to start. Once you get comfortable you can move up to the KTPs. If you're up for a bit more of a challenge and like riding hard I don't think they KTPs would be a bad choice either.

Leave a comment:

• JPARK
    replied
    I ride BWP and KTP

You'll feel the significant difference in width while riding (especially while carving)

If you're a beginner, BWP is easier to ride.
    If you like to carve hard, KTP is awesome carving machine. You'll love it.

Both great for park. BWP is little easier to maneuver.

KTP can help you to float on the powder better than BWP.

but remember all of this depends on your skill. I've seen someone who rides BWP in powder without a problem. Also, you can carve great with BWP as well. wider width just makes it little easier.

that was my experiences with KTP and BWP

For you size, I also recommend Tansho or BWP. Get used to Tansho first. and once you get bigger, you will love KTP. or you can just ride BWP. Tansho and BWP will be great first boards for you to learn.

if I were to meet you in any of the meets, you can try my KTPs or BWPs. but i assume that you would buy one set before we actually meet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X