No announcement yet.

KTP's vs BWP's which do you like more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTP's vs BWP's which do you like more?

Just a quick comparison between the KTP's and BWP's. Any info on the both of them would help me make a choice. Also here are a few questions I would like answered.

How much wider are the KTP's then the BWP's?
    Which will do better in which terrain?(powder, park, mountain)
    Whats the major difference besides width and size?
    Which is better for a beginner?
    07 BWP's with 11 Black Receptors

Originally posted by Combust1216 View Post
    How much wider are the KTP's then the BWP's
    Dimensions here
    Sorry. I've never tried either of them, so I can't help with your other questions. I'm sure that someone else will help.
    Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
    Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
    Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

i started on the BWPs and loved everything about them. My friend has the KTPs and there pretty good amount wider but he loves them too.

either will be good for you, the width wont make much of a difference after a few runs.

cant go wrong

but go with the BDUBS!!

Comment

BWPs are flexy and sexy. I had the KTPs for a short time. I didn't like the width or the stiffness, but there are plenty of people who love them.

It's all personal preference. You have to try out different boards to see what you like best.
        Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Post up your height and weight and what kind of riding history are you coming from, snowblades, skis, snowboarding, other skiboards, any at all? I think that will help you get a better answer.
          08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

I'm not really tall I'm around 5'4"-5'6" i weigh anywhere from 135-140 i have no other knowledge of any snow sport or any like other thing like inline skating. Dave Bloom told me about the sport I liked the vids he did and the sport looks a lot of fun so I figured I'd try it. Also will there be a huge shift if say I ride one of them for a few years and switch to the other?

Comment

Originally posted by Combust1216 View Post
              I'm not really tall I'm around 5'4"-5'6" i weigh anywhere from 135-140 i have no other knowledge of any snow sport or any like other thing like inline skating. Dave Bloom told me about the sport I liked the vids he did and the sport looks a lot of fun so I figured I'd try it. Also will there be a huge shift if say I ride one of them for a few years and switch to the other?
              At your size, you could even ride the Tanshos and have a really fun time of it. To answer your other question, you can adjust from one skiboard to the next very easily and quickly. I started out on tiny Salomon Snowblades. I've gone from riding as small as 85 cm boards up to the monster Sherpas at 130 cm. Don't sweat it.
              Boards/Bindings:
              2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
              2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
              Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
              Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I ride BWP and KTP

You'll feel the significant difference in width while riding (especially while carving)

If you're a beginner, BWP is easier to ride.
                If you like to carve hard, KTP is awesome carving machine. You'll love it.

Both great for park. BWP is little easier to maneuver.

KTP can help you to float on the powder better than BWP.

but remember all of this depends on your skill. I've seen someone who rides BWP in powder without a problem. Also, you can carve great with BWP as well. wider width just makes it little easier.

that was my experiences with KTP and BWP

For you size, I also recommend Tansho or BWP. Get used to Tansho first. and once you get bigger, you will love KTP. or you can just ride BWP. Tansho and BWP will be great first boards for you to learn.

if I were to meet you in any of the meets, you can try my KTPs or BWPs. but i assume that you would buy one set before we actually meet.
                2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

JPARK is pretty spot on. I'm about 6'1" 200lbs and the KTPs are my favorite boards to ride. The KTPs took me a little adjusting but once I got comfortable on them I was able to put a little something more into them and that's when they unleashed their awesomeness. I even went up to the condors last year, something I never thought I'd do and I love them. Every board has a distinct personality about them and none that I've tried have been abrasive.

I haven't even rode my BWPs yet since my wife has been on them every time we go but I'd say you couldn't go wrong with BWPs to start. At your size those are what I'd recommend to start. Once you get comfortable you can move up to the KTPs. If you're up for a bit more of a challenge and like riding hard I don't think they KTPs would be a bad choice either.
                  08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

Thanks for the help. Jeaho(think Dave Bloom told me that was your name) I'd appreciate if you would let me im probally only riding Mt.Creek this year unless their is some meets I'll try and make them. My brother has BWP's my cousin might get them too. My little brother might get tansho's and my other cousin is getting KTP's.(one of them might get Revolts) Kirk (pro one not flow) gave me advice on the stuff I should do like airs spins and grinds. I'm gonna be learing from Art Jennings ans Dave Bloom when he visists.

Comment

Get whatever boards one of you cousins aren't getting. That way you can just switch them up to whoever likes what. There are five of you and one of you should be riding Revolts. So, if everyone else is getting KTPs or B-Dubs, there you go. Don't get Tanshos because they wont float at all on those new-wet-snow days that Mountain Creek tends to have often. My B-Dubs were perfect last year with just about every condition at Mountain Creek. I did go there twice while it was snowing hard and trying to make it through 8" of wet Jersey snow on B-Dubs proved to be a pain. I was moving quite slow and had to straightline every feature to hit it with any sort of speed. Other than that, the B-Dubs are great for what you will need them for this season. But, like I said, you guys are all going to be riding together and having different boards would be useful. You don't want to be a crew of anything with all of the same rides. The five of you should sit down and discuss it, without arguing. If you don't have anything by the time I get back in December I'll let you try out a variety of boards to see what you feel comfortable on.
                      I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

that sounds very useful dave. I'm not saying we should get the following boards just saying height size kinda makes sense. Bryan=6'1"= ALP/Condors Cody 5' 11"=Revolts
                        Ethan5'6"/7"?=KTP's/BWP's (but he alreadys has BWP's) Me 5'4"/5'5"=BWP's/KTP's and Drew 5'1" should get tanshos but you said they wont be good at Mt.Creek so maybe BWP's. So now really Cody Bryan Drew and I should talk about them or what?

Comment

Thank god finally someone else who is 14
                          Line Jedis
                          Line Bullets
                          '11 KTP's
                          2xFF cams
                          '11 silver receptors
                          Full Tilt Booters

Comment

I'm about 5"4' and I love the KTPs compared to the Tanshos. The Tanshos are great boards, but the KTPs can go through absolutely anything. Choppy snow was a rough ride on the Tanshos, but the KTPs just blow through the chop and you don't even feel it.

Comment

I love the BWP's. ktp's feel too sloppy underfoot. to much flat. I love staying on edge and having nice light boards to whip around

bwps +1
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X