Can't wait..but some thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't wait..but some thoughts.

This season I'm going to be skiboarding for the first time. I have browsed all around the internet as well as these forums religiously looking for new information on skiboarding. Hopefully I will be purchasing some BWP's and a pair of Receptor bindings very soon. I've been checking the buy/sell gear section a few times everyday. I'm wondering if it will ever blow up and a lot of people will start to sell their gear before the season starts? What I really like about skiboarding is that, from reading on the forums all the time, I see and get the feeling like all riders are a family and watch out for each other. I wonder if when I'm riding, other riders will help me out and give me some tips. Well anyways..I can't wait for the season to begin!
    At the top of the underground

Revolt Chickens Can't wait to get out on the snow!

Revel8 all day!

Anybody with any tips or suggestions for my first season, I would greatly appreciate it. Any techniques or new terms I should know? Anything.

Revel8 all day!

Comment

welcome!!!!! you are gonne really enjoy skiboarding, and you are right, we are like a family and help each other out! You have several riders in your area too.
      The forum will have more boards for sale, it gets crazy! Sempai's BWP's are very very clean if he still has them for sale.
      Tips, just relax and have fun! ... if you wanna learn tricks and jumps and park stuff, we have many great-professional riders who can help.... there should be a bunch of tips already throughout the forum, gotta search n read.
      Skiboarding is a much more natural easy thing to do than if you were learning on long ski's or a snowboard. Ya feel freedom when on skiboards.
      Have fun and again, welcome! you will LOVE your BWP's!
      C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Thank you for the comfort! I did see Sempai's BWP's on the forum, but my cousin actually is the one who purchased them. As for the tricks, jumps, and park stuff, I am going to be riding and learning from two of my friends who are on the flow team, Dave Bloom and Art Jennings. I can't wait to get started. As for the boards, as we close in closer to the season the buy/sell gear section should start blowing up, am I right?

Revel8 all day!

Comment

You are lucky to have a couple of friends that can get you started right. Enjoy!
          sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

You have some very good riders helping you out, great!
            Yep, you'll start seeing boards blow up in the for sale section! have fun!
            C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Where in NY are you? I'm going to try to get out to Whiteface this year, so if you're in the area, let me know.

B

Comment

I live in the Orange County. I'm going to be riding at Mountain Creek all season. I know that there is a lot of other and better mountains that everybody likes to ride on, but since it's only my first season I figured I would ride there for my first year to get better at the sport.

Revel8 all day!

Comment

Working...
                X