Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fourdown Productions - A New Light, looking for support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fourdown Productions - A New Light, looking for support.

Hey everyone. This is something that has been floating in my head all summer, so here's what it's all about. I essentially want to start focus on not just making edits of my friends and I in the immediate vicinity of with who and where we ride, but more on the community of skiboarding. This means backcountry powder riding becoming a focus just as much as terrain parks and such. I look at these production companies in the ski world like Nimbus, Poor Boyz, etc... and like the concept. I would like to, at the end of this coming season, put together a video on a much larger scale and involvement then what has been done thus far. I in no way am putting myself on a level above anyone in this respect, I just would like to try and get a great representation about what we're all about at all ends of the spectrum in an artistic light. Before I can get into it, let me throw you a little bit of my background so that you know I am not just a hack with a GoPro talking up something that will never see light.

Last year was my first year in the sport and a made a few videos just kind of gradually getting an understanding of the difference between was I was used to, making high-production skate videos in the '90s compared to ski and skiboard videos in our modern day. Some of you enjoyed them and some didn't. I myself have issues looking back and have an entirely new game plan. Before I stepped into the world of teaching I was doing mass media work, video and audio production. In the 90s while skating I produced several full-length skate films as well as had my hands in some filming and production of others. This was the pre-digital era so everything was done with huge SVHS rigs. I worked with the first digital setups when AVID and Premiere were released in the later part of the decade. Most of my 2000s media time was spent working in audio production, both in front of and behind the mixing board/production role. More recently to adjust to styles and approaches I spent all of this past summer working on recapturing that and studying a large variety of different ski and skiboard edits and videos made over the past decade, but mostly over the past two years. Within that time period I skated and filmed with Kirk Thompson, Matt Hein, Branden Harder, Paul Orr, and Chris Smith. I was also involved in arranging both trips to Liberty where we looked at not only the tricks but behind the camera as well, changing approaches.

I have spent a lot of time talking to Greco, Matt Hein, Kirk Thompson, Art Jennings, Ty Bereskie, Mark Carraro, Tim Miller, and Hershell Nunez about this and I really have a focus. What I would like to do is extend an offer for any serious committed riders, be it terrain, backcountry, groomers, or just smiley daytrippers. If you have, and this is an important part, an HD camera, both still and video, and would like to contribute footage to this venture, please let me know. For those who feel really committed to film and have a lot of great ideas we are looking for a few more creative minds to join Fourdown Productions. At this point it is myself, Dave Bloom, and Matt Hein, who will working together from this point on with videos. But, if you feel you have a lot of great ideas floating around, some storyboarded ideas, or just a flare for creativity, please contact me on here so that we can discuss this further.

In my eyes this production gives two important jump-off point for the future of our sport. First, it will be capturing all riders globally and document where we have come so far, including interviews and actual riding. Second, it is a chance to expose the sport in a new light, to a new generation, setting the bar higher. I may be new, but from skating I remember seeing how and where the sport started. A short pair of Skywalkers, some cheap plastic Groove bindings, and an old pair of skiboots strapped on a young rollerblader looking to skate on snow seems so far away, but in some ways the sport has come full circle just as rollerblading itself has come. I hope I can get all of your support. This is for everyone.
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

P.S. To show you how serious we are, Matt Hein and I will be shooting video on the east coast Thanksgiving week, in Vermont and Pennsylvania the last week in December, in Colorado the first week in January, Jay Jam, The Us Open, Shredfest III, the following week in Colorado, in British Columbia the last week in May, South America at the beginning of July, at Summer Jam (skiboarding's first summer comp) at Liberty in Mid-July, and plenty of other dates to be announced throughout the season.
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

The only person really doing this on this scale was Ben. It'll be cool to have someone filling that void. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Comment

as you've seen my edits, I am a newbie and I don't know how much help I can give
        but I am eager to give you ideas and any help you need on this.
        might be little different from your perspective since I am coming from different background lol
        hopefully it's a plus
        2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

great ideas and plans man!!! cant wait to see the results

Your always doing things for the skiboard community thats awesome man, glad to see it!

Also this summer i bought a GoPro HD and will be all over the NE getting footage, and i started doing some video editing and stuff so whatever i can do to help just let me know.

Im not the best at editing or filming or skiboarding but im def happy to help and see the skiboard community grow.

just let me know how i can contribute an i will do my best to help.

Comment

I got a few Cobb webs to shake but ill shoot you whatever footage I end up with. I've also been digging through allot of underground music and can give you a few tracks that scream ski video material
            Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

Any HD footage that anyone would like to contribute would be great. Don't worry if you think the angle is bad or whatever negative thoughts you might have. you would be surprised how many great videos are built on lots of footage that was thought to be bad at first. Anyone that wants to send footage let me know. I will get you my P.O. box number and you can just burn it to blank DVDs and send them. Although I won't start the editing until next year I wouldn't mind stockpiling footage now. The more time I have to sort through it all the easier it is on me, haha. Any ideas that you have now, please feel free to email them to me. fourdownproductions@gmail.com.
              I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

Shoot......... sounds like I need to move to Cali and hang out with Jjue more.................... And Wendell.............. And Slow.................... And Can................ et al
                Crossbow (go to dream board)
                Most everything else over time.
                Go Android

Comment

fourdown,

Good to read of your project. I look forward to viewing the results.

Although you state that we should not worry about the details of the camera work, I for one would appreciate your insights of the do's and don'ts when video taping.
                  sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                    fourdown,

Good to read of your project. I look forward to viewing the results.

Although you state that we should not worry about the details of the camera work, I for one would appreciate your insights of the do's and don'ts when video taping.
                    me too, im a noob when it comes to this and i wanna learn as much as i can

Comment

You've got all my Jay stuff. Do you have any of my Bohemia clips?

Comment

While I will be the chief editor I am leaving camera work in many of your hands while I too will be out creating shots. I can spin different types of shots into a good video, but if anyone is concerned about learning how to film appropriately, maybe we can start a new thread dedicated to different filming techniques. That might be beneficial far beyond just this project. It could lead to a lot of great videos showing up on the skiboarding scene. Good call.

Brick, I do have all of the Jay footage but I don't have any footage from the Midwest Meet. I didn't know where was any.
                        I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

I know this isn't skiboarding, but this is the type of video I thought about when you started talking about 4DP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uINXBMLWLr0&t=2m4s

And I wish we had some terrain parks like THAT. That would be what I would work up to. That is Fr33dom.

Comment

As you already know, I'm in anyway I can.
                            I Ski 4 Smitty.

Comment

sounds great, man. I'll see what I can get. I have a new gopro HD, and also just got a Panasonic 1080p/60 camcorder.
                              ~harry

@HarrySiii
                              -Skier turned snowboarder turned skiboarder
                              -RVL8 2010 KTP, RVL8 Receptors
                              -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro
                              -Deeluxe 225 (FINALLY a boot I can wear!)

Comment

Working...
                              X