No announcement yet.

Looking for a new place to ride, HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new place to ride, HELP!

OK folks, I need some help. I am getting ahead of myself, but I am already starting to look for ideas for where my husband and I will be traveling to for this years winter vacation. I will be skiboarding (of course) and my husband will be snowboarding.

The only place we've been to is Heavenly in Tahoe, which we LOVE. It's an AMAZING mountain, and town. However we are looking into other places, possibly in the NE in order to save us some money. We'll be able to drive there as opposed to having to fly out west. Please keep in mind, we'll be driving from FLORIDA, so Vermont is probably out of the question.

So, I need suggestions to mountains in the NE that are a great place to ride for a WHOLE week. We're planning on a February vacation but are willing to consider another time to get PEAK snow conditions. We enjoy good blue runs, we're not really into blacks, unless they're an overrated blue. We also enjoy a small terrain park to play around in. Not ever having been to the NE to ride, I don't know where to begin looking.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I look forward to your responses!
    If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
    www.GetFitnessFast.com
    www.FastFitShake.com
    www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
    '07 BWP's
    2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
    Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

*EDIT*

Has anyone ever been to Snowshoe in WV? I have family in WV, so that may be topping our NE trip list right now.

I'm still open to other suggestions. Thanks for the help everyone!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
    www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
    '07 BWP's
    2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
    Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

I haven't been to Snowshoe myself yet, but will be this winter. I have family from WV as well, and plenty of friends who have traveled there. Everyone I've asked about it loves Snowshoe, and highly recommends it. I'd say that's a safe bet.
      2010 KTP
      Spruce Pro Prime Risers/Bindings
      2010 Dalbello Krypton Il Moro I.D.

Comment

Yes it's far, about as far as you can get from Florida on the east coast....but a week at Jay Peak with all the new buildings and facilities would be amazing. Not to mention it being an amazing place to ski/ride.

If it's for an entire week it might be worth the extra hrs in the car. The entire state of VT from top to bottom can be cleared in a little over 3hrs I think.
        Red Square Sherpas

Comment

Originally posted by ChaseMe View Post
          If it's for an entire week it might be worth the extra hrs in the car.
          Phew, that almost doubles the trip time! It does look like an amazing place, just took a "peak" at their website. I don't think it'll be in the cards though

The search continues!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
          www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
          '07 BWP's
          2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
          Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

I agree with the Jay suggestion. And riding from Florida ain't so bad after the first four trips. :x

Comment

Pennsylvania's a great state. Eastern PA has some good resorts and there's lots to do. Reading outlets, Philly, you'd be close to Atlantic City in Jersey, and so on. Especially the Poconos. You would find so much to do that you would want to go back.
              I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Originally posted by fourdown View Post
                Especially the Poconos. You would find so much to do that you would want to go back.
                Oohh, forgot about the Poconos. I'll look into that! Thanks!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
                www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                '07 BWP's
                2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Come to Europe.

You'll love it, as most of the pistes are bashed to the extreme, making skiboarding a lot faster than your more untouched American snow.

Not so great for boarders and their obsession with powder though!

Comment

Another thing about the Poconos. There is a smaller mountain, Shawnee, that has some intro terrain park features to fool around on and just test the waters. The resort itself is in expensive and close to a lot of great rental condos. They are available on a weekly basis and are very nice.
                    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

El Gringo - I would LOVE to come to Europe, but my bank account can't afford that, and probably for a while. But as soon as it's feasible, I foresee a trip outside of the U.S. for my hubby and I.

Fourdown, thanks for the help. I was looking around, and it seems like that might be a good idea. Gives us access to a few mountains. Besides Shawnee, are there other mountains that I should look into or stay away from? I really appreciate the help!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
                      www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                      '07 BWP's
                      2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                      Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Jackfrost, and big boulder are great in eastern pa. let me know if youre coming to the Poconos, id could meet up with ya
                        facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Thanks Dave! I did take a look at those 2 and they seem great. I'm still compiling info to see which location would be more affordable with the best conditions. Right now Snowshoe and BB/JF are tied.

Thanks for all the help guys!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
                          www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                          '07 BWP's
                          2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                          Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

I hear that about the price Belle, I'd love to ride in BC more than anywhere else in the world, but its never gonna happen! I'd love to do a Summer in Oz otherwise, looks a bit more likely (as in winter I'd struggle to accept 1 week in America over 2 in the Alps!)

Comment

Snowshoe is topping the list. For a whole week vacation, it seems to be a better fit to what we're looking for. I found a studio to rent for a pretty reasonable price. I hope it's still available when we go to make our final plans.

I'm saying a prayer to the snow god to be fruitful this year like last year! Snowshoe had an amazing season last year!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
                              www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                              '07 BWP's
                              2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                              Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Working...
                              X