No announcement yet.

Intro - Starting my 1st real season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro - Starting my 1st real season...

Hey everyone!

This is just my introduction, as I will hopefully be on these boards a lot more as the skiboarding season approaches. My history is mostly skiing, but I have snowboarded quite a few times. I first tried out skiboarding with rentals last season and immediately loved it.

Jump to today; my KTPs are being delivered today, and I am on the hunt for bindings and boots; then I should be ready for things to kick off!

Looking forward to getting involved in the SBOL community and learning from the veterans!
    2010 KTP
    Spruce Pro Prime Risers/Bindings
    2010 Dalbello Krypton Il Moro I.D.

Welcome NeoKudo,

Ever ride at Liberty in VA?

Comment

Yep, I think I've been to Liberty. That's one of the closer mountains to me. I say "I think" because this past winter, I went to a number of mountains out east here, where all of my experience before had been out West... so it's a bit of a blur

Whitetail, Liberty, Holiday Valley, etc...
      2010 KTP

Comment

Welcome, great to hear you've scored a pair of KTPs. They're great boards.

It's unlikely you'll find bindings in any stores. Online is pretty much the only way to go.

As for boots, definitely go get fitted at a professional ski shop. A properly fitted boot is the most important part of your set up. If your feet are moving around in your boots you won't feel in control at all.

Many skiboarders recommend Full Tilt ski boots because of the flex they give you. Regular ski boots tend to give you shin bang if they don't have enough flex. Bruised shins can take a lot out of your riding, so they're definitely not fun.

Good luck, if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Comment

Originally posted by NeoKudo View Post
          Yep, I think I've been to Liberty. That's one of the closer mountains to me. I say "I think" because this past winter, I went to a number of mountains out east here, where all of my experience before had been out West... so it's a bit of a blur

Whitetail, Liberty, Holiday Valley, etc...
          You would have remembered Liberty....It's quite unique....In that, there's no snow

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
            You would have remembered Liberty....It's quite unique....In that, there's no snow
            The same can be said for Ski Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
              The same can be said for Ski Liberty
              oh i get it, that's a joke right? good one. (ski liberty is in PA right?)

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
                oh i get it, that's a joke right? good one. (ski liberty is in PA right?)
                Yup

Comment

Ya, I've been to Liberty the mountain. Not the Liberty University year-round place.

On a side note, unpackaged my KTPs yesterday, they look amazing! Definitely not the shapes I was expecting after using those rental blade pieces-of-crap from the resorts.
                  2010 KTP

Comment

Welcome Neo! You will LOVE the SBOL community. I feel your "pain" with crappy rental boards. This year will be my first time with REAL skiboards. Haven't purchased any yet, but I look forward to the process.

Greco has been great to me, and so has everyone else. Enjoy the forum, it proved to be invaluable to me. I give this website and forum all the credit for making my skiboarding debut a HUGE success! Even on crappy rental boards and boots. I won't know what to do with myself once I get my own gear!
                    If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
                    www.GetFitnessFast.com
                    www.FastFitShake.com
                    www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                    '07 BWP's
                    2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                    Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Originally posted by NeoKudo View Post
                      Ya, I've been to Liberty the mountain. Not the Liberty University year-round place.
                      If i decide to ski this year, we should ride together

Comment

That'd be good, I'll let you know when I get to start heading out!
                        2010 KTP

Comment

Working...
                        X