My first season, really pumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first season, really pumped

Hey everybody, this upcoming season will be my first season. And I couldn't be more excited. I've been browsing these forums for quite some time now. I was just wondering if anybody on here has any tips or anything? Also, if anybody wants to ride together I'll be at Mountain Creek on most Fridays once the Winter starts, I'll know more about that in a few months.
    I Ski 4 Smitty.

Welcome to the forum Ethan.

If you have not done so already, check out this thread: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=6725
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Thanks, I've already looked through that a bit. But of course, it doesn't hurt to bookmark that and keep it as a reference.
      I Ski 4 Smitty.

Comment

Ethan, where are you from? My best advice would be to meet up with other riders and ride with them. They will push you after they get you comfortable. I don't know where you live but if you can make it to Brandywine or Boston Mills (meaning it's your normal resort don't make a special trip) I'll take a day off from payed teaching to give you as long of a lesson as you need, FOR FREE!

Another good tip is that it's not skiing, don't try to make it feel like skis, just be comfortable, if you aren't really that comfortable fake it.
        Revel8 ALPdors
        Gold Revel8 Receptors
        Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
        ____
        Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
        If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

I'm from Orange County New York so I won't be able to make it out there. Thanks anyway though, I really do appreciate the offer. I like that a lot of the guys on this site are really helpful. Most of my riding will be done at Mountain Creek. I've actually been introduced to a kid about my age who's been riding a few years, so hopefully he'll be able to help me get the hang of carving and what not. After that, I'll be trying whatever I feel I'm ready for.
          I Ski 4 Smitty.

Comment

the best advice I can give you is to get proper gear!!! my first season was last season and I had old crappy boots that didn't fit well and I sprained my ankle right away and more or less hated my life the rest of the season!!! GET GOOD BOOTS!!! Cant stress that one enough! I have bought some Full Tilts and love them. Other than that... you will figure it out within days and have the most fun you have ever had on the mountain!!!
            '11 DLP
            '10 Condor / Black Zero Pro
            '10 KTP
            Journey boards and bindings
            '09 Tansho / FF-CAMS (GF's)
            Line Five-O (GF's)
            Groove AF1 / Groove cheapy's
            and not to forget my beloved first boards... Crazy Blades!!!!
            A big ass PA system, so lets throw a f*cking party!
            www.f1rstclasscitizen.com

Full Tilt - First Chair

Comment

Thanks for the advice on the gear. I'm actually persuing a deal on the same type of boards I've already tried out. I've already got boots, but I plan to replace them maybe after this season. I tried them out already last month at Liberty with a few riders.
              I Ski 4 Smitty.

Comment

Nice, another rider! Be sure to keep an eye on the Events and Meet up section for this years Jay Jam. There is usually a large amount of guys from your area that come up to VT for this event. We have a great time, and it's by far the riding I look most forward to each year.

Even for your first season don't be intimidated by Jay either, we'll take good care of you and honestly it's not that hard to ride Jay cause it's usually a constant fluffy pillow.

Check some footage from last year: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=9564
                Last edited by ChaseMe; 08-26-2010, 06:06 AM. Reason: Link Add
                Red Square Sherpas

Comment

Originally posted by ChaseMe View Post
                  Nice, another rider! Be sure to keep an eye on the Events and Meet up section for this years Jay Jam.
                  Be there or quadrilateral
                  Revel8 ALPdors
                  Gold Revel8 Receptors
                  Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                  ____
                  Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                  If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Yeah I was talking to a friend of mine who rides, and he was telling me how I should get to as many meets as possible. I also know another rider who lives near me so I could talk to him about a ride.
                    I Ski 4 Smitty.

Comment

Working...
                    X