Bogner Model on Skiboards 1964

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner Model on Skiboards 1964

Those of us who are older here , I mean real old! .. remember the days when women and I guess we guys as well wore the tight , fashionable Bogner ski wear
    I like this pic of a Bogner Model on one of Clif Taylor's 75cm Shortee skis ( precursors to today's skiboards )

For those who have not seen it , here is a pictorial piece I did for Skiboard magazine on Clif Taylor and his Shortee skis . (. thanks Roussel for keeping it on the web )

http://sbmag.wordpress.com/2007/05/1...-cliff-taylor/
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Gotta say I miss that tight gear.
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Comment

On girls tight looks great - like in the picture. On guys, it's just sad. Same goes for the one piece suits. Girls pull it off - because they're girls. Guys look like one of the Village People.
      "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
        On girls tight looks great - like in the picture. On guys, it's just sad. ......
        Here is the man himself Clif Taylor ,styling , in the high fashion men's ski wear of the time on his 32 inch(81cm) skiboards ...

Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Jjue,

Yea, dude is looking cool. But, photoshop his face onto picture #1 and the whole thing goes south.
          "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Comment

By the way, I'm all over the boots on pic #1. Fabulous stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
              Jjue,

Yea, dude is looking cool. But, photoshop his face onto picture #1 and the whole thing goes south.

Yea ....

Boards :
              Boots
              Bindings:

Comment

Jack,

LOL. Do Mark's avatar.

Comment

I've been doing basically everyone I can think of in my mind and can't stop laughing.

Comment

See?!?! That's what I was talking about with being flashy and not so fashionable on the other thread about (I can't remember who) needing new pants.

Frankly, as long as you're not flying down the mountain in your one-piece suit, how bad can your pants be?

Some men still wear those suits, and they also tend to wear the matching head bands I saw some guys dressed like that at Heavenly this year, and OMG!!! I think they also had some radio earphones on. You know the ones, they have the big antennae attached to one side. Now THOSE are awesome!
                    If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
                    www.GetFitnessFast.com
                    www.FastFitShake.com
                    www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                    '07 BWP's
                    2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                    Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

look out.. fashion always comes sround full circle!!!! LOL!

good find by the way Jack! Cracking me up!
                      C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

There's nothing wrong the form-fitting outfit that Jack posted for ladies, but for guys to wear similar clothing is just wrong. At our local resort, they have occasional "race days", organized novice racing competition. I'm told that placements are awarded on some sort of handicap system where anyone can participate regardless of skill level. It never fails that these overweight, middle aged guys show up wearing skin-tight, garish-colored leotards. I'm pretty sure there are no actual world-class racing skiers at our little resort here in Missouri where most folks simply wear what they have, usually their Carhartt winter clothing.

On a related topic, I was looking for some other info on the net the other day and ran across this short article on skiboard/short ski pioneer Clif Taylor:

http://www.skiinghistory.org/taylor.html

Maybe Jack has posted this before, but I don't recall seeing this particular article.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          for guys to wear similar clothing is just wrong.
                          Steady on old chap. I wear something similar when out on my bike Somewhat brighter colours though................
                          Crossbow (go to dream board)
                          Most everything else over time.
                          Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                            Steady on old chap. I wear something similar when out on my bike Somewhat brighter colours though................
                            Ha! I can't imagine Valmorel wearing anything but trendy bikewear. On the other hand, when we go bicycle riding together, Carolyn has at times been critical of what I think is okay to wear (wranglers and work boots), and insists on wearing specific, bicycle riding clothing ;-)

Comment

Carhartt's on snow and Wranglers on bicycles....Works for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X