Get it while you can ! 1 month to go at Tahoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcox20 View Post
    Love it! thanks for the info Jack - I knew AM was open but didn't know it was only Fri-Sun (had planned on heading up with some friends on Thursday and would have been sorely disappointed!)

Going to hit up AM next weekend as this weekend is booked. Also... what are the chances of tagging along on one of your backcountry legbusters?
    Hi Dave .. I will put you on our backcountry mail list and let you and Kxrider (who also is interested ) know about upcoming trips ... ..
    we have a trip planned this Sunday ( but I think you are busy this weekend eh ?)
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Donner Ski Ranch open Memorial Day Weekend

Amazing endless winter in Tahoe , all ski areas are closed except for tiny Donner Ski Ranch which has been open weekends and will open this memorial day weekend Saturday, Sunday and Monday for lift served riding .
      Dave Cox and I went there a couple of weekends ago and it is a great place with lots of old timey ambience and a suprising variety of terrain ... unfortunately I will be stuck in the San Francisco Bay area this memorial weekend with family events and will not be there . But any norcal folks who are itching for more riding go get it !!!! ... no real park .. just a couple of rails .. but for free riding it is great ... . lift tickets are 25 bucks !
      here is the morning web cam shot from today at Sugar Bowl ( closed ) which is right next to Donner ski ranch to give you an idea of the conditions ..
      more snow today and tomorrow , warm weather and sunny for the memorial day weekend up at Donner ski ranch .

Nice review that captures the spirit of Donner ski ranch
      http://travel.latimes.com/articles/l...-ranch16sep107

web site
      http://www.donnerskiranch.com/
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Im jealous anyones season is that long. Thats what a season pass really is....

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Squaw Valley reopens for Memorial Day weekend

With all the new snow here in Tahoe . Squaw Valley which has been closed since May 9th , will reopen this weekend for the memorial day weekend with the cable car , links and shirley lake lifts open ...

Memorial Weekend at Squaw Valley USA

Skiing and Riding: Saturday and Sunday, May 29-30
          Scenic Cable Car rides, mountaintop dining, sightseeing, swimming & shopping, May 29-31

9am - 4pm, Scheduled lifts are the Cable Car, Links and Shirley Lake

Lift Ticket Prices for Saturday and Sunday (all adult lift tickets include FREE High Camp Swimming Lagoon & Spa):
          All Day Lift Tickets: $44
          Kids 12 & Under: $10
          2010/2011 Bronze Passholders: $25
          2010/2011 Silver, Gold and Platinum Passholders: FREE
          Boards :
          Boots
          Bindings:

Comment

Crazy new snow EVERYWHERE in our Sierra's!!!! This is soooo cool yet nuts!!!! what a season!

Have fun for those who can go!
            C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

It's too bad the temperatures don't extend that far north. My ski season is done as of two weeks ago, took a peek back at the forecast for anything local, and all there is would be a whole lot of rain.
              2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

I will be making it up to Donner Ski Ranch tomorrow. I cant wait. Haven't been up since the first of april. It will be nice and clear tomorrow and the temp will be around 60. Ill try to get some pics and i think it should be nice after that storm that we had last night.
                10 Revel8 Condors
                08 Revel8 BWP w/ 08 Bomber's
                Line Five-0's w/ Snowjam Extreme II's
                Line Jedi's on the Skibike
                Line FF composite

Comment

Originally posted by kx125rider1313 View Post
                  I will be making it up to Donner Ski Ranch tomorrow. I cant wait. Haven't been up since the first of april. It will be nice and clear tomorrow and the temp will be around 60. Ill try to get some pics and i think it should be nice after that storm that we had last night.
                  Hey Kxrider , did you go ? how was it ? any pics ???

ok Tahoe is officially shut down for lift served riding . Donner ski ranch was the last ski area to close with riding on Memorial day .
                  For lift served riding in California .. Mammoth is still open until July 5th ... running lifts staring early at 730am and running until 200pm
                  here is the Mammoth ski report for today and this coming weekend ....
                  and details about upcoming openings for golf and mountain biking .. looks like you will be able to soon skiboard , play golf and have lift assisted mountain biking all in one weekend .. seems like mammoth has limited chair lifts on week days but opens up a lot more lifts for the weekend when they see more business.

Mammoth Mountain Ski Report
                  Broadway Express, Face Lift Express and Chair 23 will be running today from 7:30am to 2pm. Mammoth currently has a base depth of 5.5-9 feet of snow and will remain open for skiing and snowboarding through July 5, 2010. Always remember that obstacles do exist so please ride with caution.
                  Sierra Star Golf Course is scheduled to open on June 11th and the Mammoth Mountain Bike Park is scheduled to have some lower mountain trails open by June 25th.
                  Lift operations scheduled for Sat/Sun, June 5-6: 1, 2, 3, 11, 23 and Upper Gondola from 7:30am-2pm.*
                  Boards :
                  Boots
                  Bindings:

Comment

Yes i did and man that was some nice pow for it being may 29th lol. I didnt get any pics i think my friend has a few on his phone so ill try to get them so i can show you guys how much snow there was. We were riding about 8-12" of pow. it was a lil crusted over but i was making huge carves down the face and it felt nice after almost a month and a half of no skiing. I did the same as dcox in his video and got bit by the snow snake lol and went over the handlebars lol but it was fine and got back up and kept going. It was def a nice way to end the season for the resorts here in tahoe. Had a lot of fun it was warm and also got a nice tan! ( well it was a horrible neck and face burn lol)
                    10 Revel8 Condors
                    08 Revel8 BWP w/ 08 Bomber's
                    Line Five-0's w/ Snowjam Extreme II's
                    Line Jedi's on the Skibike
                    Line FF composite

Comment

Working...
                    X