Extended Season in OR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended Season in OR

Finally got another cold snap up here and some fresh dumpings of new snow. This season has been bad up here for the most part. Way too warm, lots of rain. The Cascades finally got pounded all this last week so we went up on Sat to find over 2 feet of fresh that had dropped during the preceding night ... on top of the 2 plus feet that had dropped earlier in the week.

Looks like Mt. Hood is going to have a little longer season than we were originally anticipating. Thankfully, looks like we will be able to continue to ride into May ... maybe June if the Palmer Glacier hangs on.

Wooo hoooo
    Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
    Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
    Full Tilt Boots
    Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Sounds similar to the season just north of the border in Vancouver.

A couple mountains have said they're going longer, I hope Seymour announces that this week, since I've got my pass there.
    2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

Ditto for Washington, I spent most of yesterday in 3' of fresh powder.

(My legs are shot today!!!)

Comment

hope our home mountain(Red lodge) stays open for another week since we still have more snow up here compared to last season
        08' Spruce Sherpa 130/Pro-lite (STILL THE ONE)
        08/09 Dalbello Krypton Rampage

Comment

we just got absolutely dumped on overnight. 61 CM (2 feet) overnight, 76cm over the past two days, but a grand total of 146 cm in the past week.

Oh, and did I mention they've been closed during the week? Time to try for first chair tomorrow when they finally open again

Comment

Nice .... crazy season this year out here in the NW.

I thought the whole season was going to be a bust and it turns out, we are just getting started.
            Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
            Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
            Full Tilt Boots
            Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Yeah. The thing is that all the resorts here had layed off staff and really can't run at full strength. We got a one week extention so far to the season, with another week like this we could get a bit more, I sure hope so.

Or else I might just have to hike up a few times.

Comment

Working...
              X