Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jay peak? and to any eastcoasters..

whats up all...

most of you probably dont remember me, but my names joel, I ran 1080skiboarding.com and Source apparel... Took the last year off smokin my brains out, but this season I've actually got enough money and shit together, and I bothered to get a liscence.. so, I'm gonna be gettin places.

Greco told me a lotta people here are from canada.. so there's this mountain, Jay peak, in northern vermont, that's supposed to have more snowfall than any other eastern mountain and have truly sick glades..

I'm cool with parks but the trees are gonna be where I like to just find some peace and really rip it up... i was wonderin if anyone here has been there, knows shit about it, whatever...

Also, is anyone here in the east coast area? I dunno many riders round here anymore, so if anyone else is near me (I'm in Boston) I'd be cool for meetin up sometime..

anyway, i'm out..
    - joel r.
    [Source skiboard apparel]

I've never made the journey to Jay Peak, but I have many friends that have sampled their glade goodness and loved it. There are a few east coasters here too. Greco's in NY. And I'm stuck in the hell-hole known as New Haven for another 3 years. Where you from in Boston? I used to spend a bunch of time up there and go up every now and then (haven't been in a while because time is a luxury I don't have anymore).

Comment

Originally posted by griswald
      I've never made the journey to Jay Peak, but I have many friends that have sampled their glade goodness and loved it. There are a few east coasters here too. Greco's in NY. And I'm stuck in the hell-hole known as New Haven for another 3 years. Where you from in Boston? I used to spend a bunch of time up there and go up every now and then (haven't been in a while because time is a luxury I don't have anymore).
      right downtown near the fleetcenter and all that shit.. pretty shitty place to be if you like to ride, but that's bein on the east coast eh?

where do you normally ride at? I dont know of any mountains even near the new haven area..but, then again, im never down there..
      - joel r.
      [Source skiboard apparel]

Comment

Jealous of your living arrangements

Joel. I live in Toronto but would love to live next to the Fleet Center so I could watch my beloved Bruins any time I wanted. You bastard... I guess I'll continue to watch NESN on Satellite. Shitty.
        By the way, Jay Peak will not disappoint. I've only snowboarded there, but the glades are great, even in the early season.
        Peace

Comment

I don't skiboard around here much. If I make it up to VT or NH, which only happens a couple of times a year, then I'll bust out the skiboards. But the only mountains around here suck; they literally have a 500 foot drop. Parks can only keep me entertained for so long. So when I do end up at the mountains around here, I usually snowboard. I just started last year, so I'm still bad enough that these crap mountains can keep me entertained for a couple of hours. But I've been skiing since I was 6, and I could ski/skiboard down them with my eyes closed. I'll hit up the board if I ever make it up north, but it's very unlikely with my schedule the way it is.

Comment

what do you want to know about jay peak? I have gone there a lot. I've both skied and ski boarded there over several years time, and brought my boyfriend into the jay mantra last year. I've also skied/ski boarded a lot of eastern places and only two out west (sigh). so these are my observations.
            yes, jay gets a lot of snow. it is frequently easy to find good snow even after you think it would be all gone. it does blow off the upper mountain face but sticks around in most other places. it is frequently if not almost always cold and windy, esp on upper mountain. terrain is not highly groomed, especially on the upper mtn. it gets a little better in later spring temp wise. it's actually somewhat crowded now on weekends, not like some other places, but definitely more than it used to be. weekdays are optimal. It's not a creature comfort place for reasons above, plus reasonably challenging terrain. It also has pretty basic facilities.
            I have not skied Mad River Glen, but I think this is a ski area in a similar vein - it's about the skiing and snow and what you find when you get out there. I brought some beginning snowboarder friends once, who were probably more suited for a stratton or sunday river, and I don't think they had a lot of fun. if you go, just bring clothing to cover every inch of your body and if you're lucky, you'll get a few days where you don't need it all.
            hope that helps. oh, and ppl may say you can't skiboard at jay due to the snow. whatever. you learn weight distribution and you'll be ok.

Comment

im from southern quebec.
              Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Working...
              X