Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bdub checking in!

Hey Everyone!

after a strange and humorous letter from a friend about 'turning my back on skiboarding' i thought it would be good to say hello to everyone!

it's been a long time since i put on a pair of skiboards and I can't see myself strapping into em again, but i will definatly always be stoked on seeing new legit shit being put down on the short boards. Where are all the new edits at?

Whistler has been treating me soooo well. its been of the top three winters EVER recorded and EMPTY DAY LOTS because of the olympics gave me 20-25 of the deepest days i've ever had. I have a snowmobile out here and a pair of 185cms that are 141 under foot, so i've been GETTING MINE. I've been riding with b-mitt, mackjones, liam casey and the plentysoul.com crew. a bunch of homies out here... working at tmcfreeriderz.com which is the raddest newschool ski shop ever! (check me on the staff page) and constantly updating myself on the liberty team page on newschoolers.com ... also just got on www.dogbowlboard.com which is a snowboard shop, but decided that im a good candidate for there first skier! super stoked... they sent me a banshee bungee for urban and a sick jacket, just because! also... took a few boys to a small mountain called hemlock in the lowlands of bc and built some never before seen signature features for whistlers up and coming pros to session and get footage/photos on for SBC skier's fall magazine. It all turned out so sick and the story just got finished so keep your eyes peeled in the months to come.

also been spreading my own propaganda in whistler with this tasty little glossy magazine... we've been free and all over town since last fall and are releasing our third issue, hopefully this spring! Check out www.foddermag.ca for downloadable PDF's of it and peep the content.

anyways, rather then name dropping and claim claim claiming, i just wanted to check in and say hello to anyone who thought i had turned my back on you guys! skiboarding sent me around the world and back again, allowed me to percieve my personal impact on the world around me and the people in it, and for that i cant be more grateful!

hope you all had a sick season, and i'll see you in whistler... match my bowl and we can pack pack pack !

b
    Bentfilms

damn, I'd love if you were to post when you go to Hemlock/Seymour. Those are the two mountains I frequent most.
    2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

Ben,

So, you are alive. I heard rumors to that effect but didn't know if I should believe them or not. Very glad you are doing well.
      "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by Bentfilms View Post
        Hey Everyone!

after a strange and humorous letter from a friend about 'turning my back on skiboarding' i thought it would be good to say hello to everyone!

it's been a long time since i put on a pair of skiboards and I can't see myself strapping into em again, but i will definatly always be stoked on seeing new legit shit being put down on the short boards. Where are all the new edits at?

b
        Hey Ben .. nice hearing from you and about what you are doing ...
        i must say though that i am quite disappointed you are no longer riiding skiboards and can't see yourself strapping into them again... you were certainly one of the leading edge progressive riders in our sport ..as well as documenting the sport's progression in your films and it is a shame we will no longer be seeing your unique style on the boards all of us here love to ride...it was a pleasure meeting you and riding with you at Shredfest 1 and seeing what you could do on the Condors( I guess that may have been your last outing on skiboards ) , G's first Monday photo is of you in the pow which is currently the desktop wallpaper on my computer screen .. good luck in your career, for sure !
        Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Zero Pro Non release Binding
        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Man im sad to hear also that you wont be strapping skiboards on anytime soon. I loved seeing your edits and the soundstracks were awesome lol. i wish you the best of luck tho in your career and it looks like you're quite successful these days. I bought my BWP's just cuz of your style and wanted to copy your moves and be like you. I think we have all looked up to you. You are def among all the great past skiboarders and will always be referred to like Mike Nick and all the other pros. Ill be checking out all your skiing edits. But never forget your roots in Skiboarding. Keep us updated and i'll always be following your crazy style. Great to hear from you and good luck
          10 Revel8 Condors
          08 Revel8 BWP w/ 08 Bomber's
          Line Five-0's w/ Snowjam Extreme II's
          Line Jedi's on the Skibike
          Line FF composite

Comment

It was a pleasure to meet you and see you ride at Shredfest I! I actually feel honored! I'll always love those '07 BWP's of yours... Dr Seuz meets Gonzo!
            C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Sad to hear you won't be on skiboards anymore Ben, but stoked that you're out there getting some. I don't blame you for putting on the long sticks up there. When it gets that deep, absolute blower, skiboards just don't compare to what you can do on skis. I've actually started riding some Armada JJ's for powder days, but will still ride my KTPs on groomer days and my Sherpas when there is just a bit of freshies.

Anyway, best of luck in whatever you do, and maybe someday I can come up and ride with you again.
              I do it because I can.
              I can because I want to.
              I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
              '08 KTPs

Comment

b b clot

hope whis is treatin you well sounds like it is co is bomb im so stoked to be where i am
                missin ya longtime you should ring a ling

-a

Comment

respect
                  Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
                  Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

respect to you Ben, one of the pioneers of skiboarding. like skafreak , i ride long sticks too, but i always switch to sherpas on the second half of the day.goodluck and shred hard!
                    08' Spruce Sherpa 130/Pro-lite (STILL THE ONE)
                    08/09 Dalbello Krypton Rampage

Comment

Wow, didn't see that coming!

Does this mean the BWP's have seen their final days? Will there be somebody else taking his place in the skiboard designer lineup?

Funny to think that a "founder" of modern skiboarding has hung up his boards.

Best of luck to you Ben!
                      If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
                      www.GetFitnessFast.com
                      www.FastFitShake.com
                      www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                      '07 BWP's
                      2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                      Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Originally posted by SkaFreak View Post
                        I've actually started riding some Armada JJ's for powder days, but will still ride my KTPs on groomer days and my Sherpas when there is just a bit of freshies.
                        Ahh, to have knees and ankles again...........
                        "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

you guys are way too nice! keep on the shred and holla whenever at foddermag@gmail.com

lots of love and here's to playing like babies and thinking like filing cabinets
                          b
                          Bentfilms

Comment

Good to see you're still here man. I'm glad you're doing so well and what I've seen you in has been ill. Keep up the work, can't wait to see more progression.
                            Revel8 ALPdors
                            Gold Revel8 Receptors
                            Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                            ____
                            Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                            If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Working...
                            X