ALP review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALP review

Easter Saturday, Leptisuisse, Switzerland, ALPs, Fresh pow................see for yourselves :-)

Last edited by Greco; 03-24-2008, 07:30 AM.
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

nice, work that powder!

are you the rider or the photographer dave?

g

Comment

Neither. I keep in contact with Leptisuisse a lot, he is the rider, and he sent me the link just now. Would have loved to have been there!
      Go Android

Comment

ha and people dont think skiboards can carve powder
        you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel
          Neither. I keep in contact with Leptisuisse a lot, he is the rider, and he sent me the link just now. Would have loved to have been there!
          Thanks for posting this vid , Valmorel and thank Leptisuisse for getting this vid and his carving vid shot , he is a great rider , very smooth . ... this is absolutely fabulous stuff and this pow type vid is some of what we having been missing in our skiboard vids ... Skiboards are 100% joy in untracked pow !!
          Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Zero Pro Non release Binding
          Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
          Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
          Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

That is some great footage. The tips are really up. Do you know if he was center mounted on these or was he using a powder plate with a setback?

Wendell
            Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
            Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
            Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
            History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Dead centre, FFPro fixie
              Go Android

Comment

Dead centre, FFPro fixie
                Great demo of how center mount skiboards work perfectly fine and smoothly in deep pow ... I have been a big proponent of set backs in deep pow .. and while it is true that set backs do help with ease of pow riding and strain on the quads ... center mount position works great in deep pow . and riders like Leptisuisse make it all look very smooth and comfortable in that position . One of the biggest differences between long skis and skiboards . is that there is much less need to sit way , way back on a center mounter in deep snow and just putting a bit of weight to the heels is all that is necessary . The denser and crustier the snow and the less steep the angle of the slope the more that binding set backs help pow and backcountry riding ease.....
                Boards :
                Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                Boots
                K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                Bindings:
                Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

It is possible that I don't have enough experiance in pow to comment on set backs. My understanding is that set backs do the same thing as leaning back on center mounted, so I see no reason to set back on skiboards, I even leaned back on my set back short skis in two feet of pow three weeks ago. Maybe it's just how I learned from reading so much.
                  Revel8 ALPdors
                  Gold Revel8 Receptors
                  Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                  ____
                  Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                  If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

valmorel,
                    Thank's for posting the video.
                    To the others, thank's for the kind comments.
                    Skiboards are indeed great freeride and carving tools. AND SO MUCH FUN. I really would like to see more videos of what is done on skiboards outside a park.
                    I was inspired by Valmorel's videos and I tried to show what I could do.

Yves

Comment

I have a feeling that when the next bent films dvd comes out you wont be dissapointed
                      you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

I bet there are loads of vid clips out there that folks feel embarrassed about showing us. Come on guys, let us see them................
                        Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by Godofmedia
                          ...... My understanding is that set backs do the same thing as leaning back on center mounted, so I see no reason to set back on skiboards,....
                          You are perfectly correct Godofmedia .. leaning back , or weighting the heels drops the tail of the skiboard down in the snow and raises the tips up , as you can see so well in Leptisuisse's vid ... what a set back binding does is allow the rider NOT to lean back or weight the heels but assume a centered stance in deep pow , basically you would then be riding in the same position as you would on hard snow , and saving energy and strain on your thigh muscles . However , how much work you have to actually do to lean back depends on many factors including , the angle of the slope and denseness of the snow . I had a great demo of this , personally , last season on my center mount Spruce 120 in backcountry snow . On a steep slope in the trees with perfect light powder it was very easy to ride my center mounter exactly like Leptisusse' does , on a less steep open slope with breakable crust it was a a lot of work to sit , way , way back in order to get the tips out of the nasty snow and my Spruce 120 with set back bindings, would have done much better with less effort ...
                          Last edited by jjue; 03-24-2008, 09:56 AM.
                          Boards :
                          Boots
                          Bindings:

Comment

Makes sence, but I'm not getting any powder plates when I get my R8s.
                            Revel8 ALPdors
                            Gold Revel8 Receptors
                            Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                            ____
                            Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                            If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Originally posted by Godofmedia
                              Makes sence, but I'm not getting any powder plates when I get my R8s.
                              Right on Godofmedia ! you absolutely don't need them ! all this stuff like additional inserts , zero bindings that allow 4cm set backs and powder plates is primarily to help us old dudes whose legs get tired out in deep pow and force us out to the BAR way too early ! Now Valmorel , is a special case because , he IS a certified old dude , who ABSOLUTELY does not need all these special set back devices , I am still trying to learn all his secrets !!
                              Boards :
                              Boots
                              Bindings:

Comment

Working...
                              X