DPS Phantom - Permanent Wax System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mvhoffman View Post
    They may be a place that does sales all week but only ships out on certain days. apparently some places do that and pay a bulk shipping cost as opposed to separately for each item...
    Oh, I see, makes sense, which I guess would make international shipping even a bit slower, I'll just wait some more, thank you

Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
    Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
    Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Well, it turned out that my bad feelings were right, they are just bad at processing orders, when I've placed mine there were still like 15 items left, now they just got back to me saying the product is no longer in stock. Guess that nobody was actually processing my order to get a quote for international shipping - when I've placed the order there was no choice to be made, just stated "TBD"...
      Bottom line - international shipping from them sucks big time
      Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
      Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
      Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Just for anyone out there that ordered it, if you guys are waiting on your shipment the tracking did not update for me. It continually said waiting for pick up by USPS and then all of a sudden showed up at my door today with the only tracking update being my local post office.
        Skis/Skiboards:
        2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
        2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
        2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
        2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
        20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
        2012 Salomon SPK 90
        2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
        2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

I applied DPS Phantom to my RVL8 2011 KTP s and 2018 Rockered Condors.

I followed the instructions from the website and used the glasses, supplied gloves, 2 packets of DPS Phantom, 1 applicator, 1 clear micro fiber pad

I figured that if the package would do 2 large 200 CM skis (or 400 cm total), then it would do 4 RVL8 Skiboards = 2 x 100 cm plus 2 x 110 cm.

I was correct and each packet did One pair of Skiboards. Clean Bases, Apply, Dry in the Sun for 1 hour.

I will soon post on performance of a waxless one time base application.

I have not used wax in many years - -

I used to apply Zardoz NotWax which changed name to Zardoz Base Build.

It is a Dupont designed product that you can apply by dripping a bit on your base and using the shoe polish style pad to buff in.

I have been happy with Base Build but wanted to try an endgame - 1 application, Clean bases but never apply again.

They claim the boards will also go faster than wax --for this we will have to loan a pair to Dave and get a max RVL8 Skiboard speed reading!!

was on Big Foots, Cannons, Klimax Redline, 98 Line MNPs, Line ff cam and bomber bindings - new boards: RVL8 2015 SII, 2011 KTP --24 yrs non released - -skiboarding til 2050!!

Comment

Bob, I did mine at the end of last season and am waiting to see how it works out this season. one thing that is not on the box is that the Phantom actually bonds/holds regular wax as well as applications like the Dynamic wax as well so if there is ever the need for temperature difference wax due to extremes, the base of Phantom will actually hold onto the other stuff too. I thought i screwed up my application and called. I talked to one of the developers and he stated that he actually uses one of his old scotchbrite pads to still buff the base. He said that because the pad was essentially coated in wax from all of the shavings it still gives him the nice shiny bottom he likes seeing. he was great to talk to and asked more questions than i did. He biggest response was that unless you have your bases completely filthy that nothing can get to the bases, applying the Phantom, you really cant screw it up.
            Skis/Skiboards:

Boots:
            2012 Salomon SPK 90
            2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

--I was out at my local "free over 70" Mountain High - -man made 30 inches from 35 to 50 degrees - - the perfect groomed conditions for my 2011 RVL8 KTPs with Bomber bindings. I will say right away -- the instant i got off the chair lift - -the difference between DPS Phantom and wax or Zardoz Base Build was impressive and constant all thru the skiboard day. I guess I was 5-10 mph faster and had no ruff or sticky spots - - I made 6 runs with my trademark clock-wise turns and was also able to do counter-clockwise better than ever. The bases and sharp edges with a stiff camber skiboard was like a surgeon's scalpel-- I even tried to go on icy areas that were not groomed to see how the edge would hold -- again near perfect.
              -- So I then went back to the car and put on my Snowboard boots to try the Rockered Condors with Sims modified Snowboard bindings - - I felt the same slick fast bases and loved the lighter boots --this was my first time on this set-up after a season on the Flow home-made upper strap snowboard bindings. The Savvy wing makes a big difference - -and I know that some have disgarded the snowboard bindings for having too much flex or side sway--I want to try the RCs on softer snow but also needed to test them right away!!
              - - I felt nearly as comfortable on them as the Head Ski boot and fixed Bomber binding - -the big difference is on the KTPs, I use my ball of the foot with toes up to turn - on the Rockered Condors they seem to want my whole foot and even heel to get the turn going. I was also able to turn both clock and counter spins.
              -- On the mountain with my free season pass by 10:30 and done by 1:30 --don't need to overdo it on my first day - - looks like 3 feet of snow coming to Tahoe and Kirkwood - -I'll try to get some after the storm passes --maybe Wednesday.
              -- I strongly recommend DPS Phantom Permanent Waxless Base and would like to see one of our senior RVL8 Skiboarders with a few models to try it --Let's see if we can get Dave Lynam to set a new speed record - -it sure seems faster to me. Maybe RVL8 will even offer DPS as a permanent base on new boards -- using the Shop UV system to cure them brand new.

was on Big Foots, Cannons, Klimax Redline, 98 Line MNPs, Line ff cam and bomber bindings - new boards: RVL8 2015 SII, 2011 KTP --24 yrs non released - -skiboarding til 2050!!

Comment

Originally posted by Baldybob View Post
                --I was out at my local "free over 70" Mountain High - -man made 30 inches from 35 to 50 degrees - - the perfect groomed conditions for my 2011 RVL8 KTPs with Bomber bindings. I will say right away -- the instant i got off the chair lift - -the difference between DPS Phantom and wax or Zardoz Base Build was impressive and constant all thru the skiboard day. I guess I was 5-10 mph faster and had no ruff or sticky spots - - I made 6 runs with my trademark clock-wise turns and was also able to do counter-clockwise better than ever. The bases and sharp edges with a stiff camber skiboard was like a surgeon's scalpel-- I even tried to go on icy areas that were not groomed to see how the edge would hold -- again near perfect.
                -- So I then went back to the car and put on my Snowboard boots to try the Rockered Condors with Sims modified Snowboard bindings - - I felt the same slick fast bases and loved the lighter boots --this was my first time on this set-up after a season on the Flow home-made upper strap snowboard bindings. The Savvy wing makes a big difference - -and I know that some have disgarded the snowboard bindings for having too much flex or side sway--I want to try the RCs on softer snow but also needed to test them right away!!
                - - I felt nearly as comfortable on them as the Head Ski boot and fixed Bomber binding - -the big difference is on the KTPs, I use my ball of the foot with toes up to turn - on the Rockered Condors they seem to want my whole foot and even heel to get the turn going. I was also able to turn both clock and counter spins.
                -- On the mountain with my free season pass by 10:30 and done by 1:30 --don't need to overdo it on my first day - - looks like 3 feet of snow coming to Tahoe and Kirkwood - -I'll try to get some after the storm passes --maybe Wednesday.
                -- I strongly recommend DPS Phantom Permanent Waxless Base and would like to see one of our senior RVL8 Skiboarders with a few models to try it --Let's see if we can get Dave Lynam to set a new speed record - -it sure seems faster to me. Maybe RVL8 will even offer DPS as a permanent base on new boards -- using the Shop UV system to cure them brand new.
                Bob,
                next time i'm on the mountain with Dave I will have him jump on my Phantom'd Sherpas and see what we can clock on our small PA mountians
                Skis/Skiboards:

Boots:
                2012 Salomon SPK 90
                2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Baldybob: I will say right away -- the instant i got off the chair lift - -the difference between DPS Phantom and wax or Zardoz Base Build was impressive and constant all thru the skiboard day. I guess I was 5-10 mph faster and had no ruff or sticky spots - - I made 6 runs with my trademark clock-wise turns and was also able to do counter-clockwise better than ever. The bases and sharp edges with a stiff camber skiboard was like a surgeon's scalpel-- I even tried to go on icy areas that were not groomed to see how the edge would hold -- again near perfect.
                  That's exactly my experience in post 7 of this thread. Getting off that first lift was an awesome feeling.

Comment

This sounds better all the time... will have to get off my butt and try it sometime. I now have one skier buddy who can out-speed me on the fast groom-ish runs (we rarely get good corduroy, so anything without actual moguls is a groomer) and need something to get my edge back. He wins on pure physics and my metabolism won't let me gain the mass needed to match him; Phantom sounds better than wearing spandex to cut my wind resistance.

I still win on the steeps.
                    BOARDSLAYER
                    Base / Edge Destruction X X X
                    Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

One day this 73 year old Geezer will get north of the border and show you DPS Phantom - --but you shouldn't wait -- one time application in one hour and can do 2 pair of RVL8 Skiboards with one package.

Get those Playmakers Phantomed - -

I saw youtube videos of your mountain with world championships from the top by helicopter - -both snowboard and skis with men and women standing on a scary thin slice of snow with giant steeps and chutes. Pure powder jumps -- just amazing!!

Keep sharing videos and one day we will have a caravan driving to Kicking Horse for a Skiboard event!!!

https://youtu.be/djonu4nYcCM winning run at Kicking Horse FreeRide World Tour

Comment

Baldybob / shortydude / @mvhoffman

Hey guys! Do you guys have end of season reviews for DPS Phantom? Getting ready to wax my boards for off-season storage, and really thinking about doing this instead.

Thanks!

Comment

DPS Phantom??

I wouldn't get off the chairlift without it!!

Worked at Tahoe for Shredfest 2023 in deep powder. Works at Baldy and Mtn High locally in manmade hardpack to the deepest snowfall in SoCal in history.

Apply on a clear sunny day with temps in the mid 70s or higher -- I left it 3 hours.

One box will do 2 pair of RVL8 SkiBoards or 1 snowboard or 1 pair of long skis.

Clean the base if it gets dirty --as noted in the instructions - -use a microfiber cloth- - I also carry Zardoz Base Build in my pocket.

I did use it at lunch after feeling sticky powder patches under my boots only at Northstar in deep slushy powder.

Powder at Heavenly before that and after at Kirkwood didn't stick - -the glide is super and consistent.

I am now a soft boot proponent and unpaid advertiser for DPS Phantom.

Comment

This was my second season with DPS applied and still no complaints or regrets.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Ordered a kit!

Comment

Remember it works by UV so :

>>Apply on a clear sunny day with temps in the mid 70s or higher -- I left it 3 hours. <<

One pack did 1 RVL8 KTP and 1 RVL8 Rockered Condor

Comment

Working...
                                X