Spruce Slingshots Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BILL!!
    Did you ride centered or set back? Both?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

171cm/190lbs
    Current Favorites:
    RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
    Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
    Other boards I'm trying:
    Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
      BILL!!
      Did you ride centered or set back? Both?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      Center.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldybob View Post
        i think i want the big powder bopper with the fattest under foot width - -Eric Pollard, who designs Line Skis and says he wants the width of a snowboard under foot when he lands his back country cliff flips, did design the Line Sakana, the 2019 Powder Mag Ski of the Year - - very light and flexible for the soft powder
        Line Sakana 105mm not too wide, its good for womens or light riders, next Line Pescado 125mm, I have pair, for my 105kg its normal in 0.5-1m soft powder
        but I like more Spruce Sherpa/Osprey especially in trees, my weight too heavy for it, but for 70-90kg rider it will be very good in soft powder

180cm/100kg
        Icelantic Shaman 2008 161cm/12m 160/110/130mm - favorite ski
        RVL8 Spliff 2016 109cm/6.5m 155/130/155mm - favorite skiboard
        Spruce Sherpa 2017 132cm/7.2m 160/112/145mm - favorite skiboard
        Icelantic Scout 2008 143cm/12m 140/105/130mm
        Dupraz 179cm - favorite snowboard

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
          Here are some skiboards mounted in the ski carrier. First the front view and you see how mouthy both the Crossbows and Slingshots are. The more traditional cambered ( and shorter ) Elailas are much smaller.

But it is in the rear where things get interesting. Just note how much less there is in the Slingshots as even compared to the smaller Elailas. I suspect it is this flatness, plus narrower tail that allows for a very unique way of slarved turn.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
          It looks like the slingshots have some lift in the tail, how much lift do they have? The specs don't mention it.. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Timbo View Post

It looks like the slingshots have some lift in the tail, how much lift do they have? The specs don't mention it.. ?
            I measured mine and the tail is a bit over 1cm from flat . The specs say the height of the tail is 1.9cm and there is no rocker .
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Zero Pro Non release Binding
            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago I attended the Euro Shredfest in Andorra and brought the Slingshots as my only board. I usually prefer RVL8 Condors or Playmakers as my go to all condition boards but as I was expecting mostly firm conditions in Andorra I chose the narrower Slingshots to bring along. While I did ride the Slingshots in firm icy conditions one day the other four days were in softer conditions and on the final two days in powder that got deeper and deeper. I usually ride the Slingshot center mount and on the first day of the snowstorm with moderate pow on the runs I was still doing great with the center mount position but as the snow continued to pile up I found on the last day of the snowstorm I had to weight the tails of the board to prevent getting bogged down especially in the lower angled slopes. I set the Spruce riser back to the rear position for the first time and noticed an immediate improvement with the ability to ride in deep pow from a centered to even slightly leaning forward position in the powder. The last run of the day was in a full on snow storm on a very steep black diamond run with huge drifts of bottomless powder that had been built up by other skiers and snowboarders riding the slope . My set back Slingshots were fabulous and ran through the deep powder at speed keeping up with another one of our riders who was on Sherpas also in the set back position. I was very surprised at how well the Slingshots did compared to Sherpas (Sherpas or Stingers would have been my choice if I had them available that day). The other rider in our group was our guide Schalk who was also running Slingshots albeit in the center position and riding the big pow slope with ease and speed as well. This trip really confirmed for me that the Slingshots are a magnificent all condition skiboard!
              Boards :
              Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
              Boots
              K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
              Bindings:
              Zero Pro Non release Binding
              Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
              Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
              Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
              Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Working...
              X