• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ysb33r
    replied
    Originally posted by Fun Machine View Post
    I really, really like these Crossbows.
    The feeling is mutual.

I got home after midnight and woke up this morning to realise that the weathre has changed and what was suppose to be a cloudy morning turned out to be a sunny one. Grabbed the crossbows and rushed up the mountain. Rode pretty much every kind of terrain that came by way including clumps of moguls between trees, steep blackslopes, ungroomed stuff and just loverly wide pistes. In-resort, there is now one baord to rule them all.

Leave a comment:

• Fun Machine
    replied
    To add to my earlier review -

I just spent a couple of 50-60F Spring-like days on Crossbows - classic mounds and waves of east coast slush if you will. I would normally be on XLs in this kind of condition and had gotten used to getting ramped into the air - fun but sometimes a little too much "float." Two things really stood out for me on Crossbows. First they did not stick for me to wet slush. Boy do these glide fast! Second they offered a really superior balance between float and plow, just slicing through the slush when I pressed forward and floating over when I held back. I switched over to Stickys for a few runs, but I found them to be more tiring, more "sticky" and more catchy in the slush. Went back to Crossbows and did not look back.

I also took these into the park and did a lot of small jumps, boxes and mini half pipes. In slush conditions I feel Crossbows actually did OK on jumps and pipes, far better than my previous Crossbow park runs on hard pack. The landings were really soft, the edges did not catch, but I did have to fight for fore/aft balance sometimes. I do not recommend taking these onto boxes - they stuck for me, causing my whole upper body to lurch forward. I adjusted by leaning back during the glide. Not unexpected, just a report of my experience.

I really, really like these Crossbows.

Leave a comment:

• valmorel
    replied
    Using the forward most holes and with the heel/toe pice as far back as I can I get 30 back on the Stickies with my receptors

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• rickylink
    replied
    Originally posted by sempai View Post
    Wow! Who knew?! If I still had a pair of Receptors, I'd try that with the Sherpas. It would make them feel much lighter. I know it wouldn't be the smartest thing to do, but I still would check it out to experience the difference.
    No one has ever accused me of being smart.

Rick ><)))°>

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    replied
    Originally posted by rickylink View Post
    Yes.. Receptors. The receptor has multiple holes. So sliding them in to the forward position I was able to use the other holes in the receptor binding. It worked great. I'll show you at SFX.
    Wow! Who knew?! If I still had a pair of Receptors, I'd try that with the Sherpas. It would make them feel much lighter. I know it wouldn't be the smartest thing to do, but I still would check it out to experience the difference.

Leave a comment:

• rickylink
    replied
    Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
    I can just imagine you shredding it on Crossbows with matching loud green pants.
    I have matching pants!

Rick ><)))°>

Leave a comment:

• rickylink
    replied
    Originally posted by jjue View Post
    Hi Rick , Did you really ride them with Receptor non release bindings ???? (The insert pattern is 4 x10 and not 4x4 so as not to allow use of non release skiboard bindings and require use of Spruce riser and release bindings , I thought )
    ps looking forward to riding with you, Barb and your family soon at Shredfest !
    Yes.. Receptors. The receptor has multiple holes. So sliding them in to the forward position I was able to use the other holes in the receptor binding. It worked great. I'll show you at SFX.

Leave a comment:

• jjue
    replied
    I've really enjoyed riding the Crossbows for the past 5 days. I rode in conditions from ice, slush, groomers and a little pow. I rode them straight out of the box.. centered with R*8 Receptor bindings.

Hit me up if you have any questions. Ricky
    Hi Rick , Did you really ride them with Receptor non release bindings ???? (The insert pattern is 4 x10 and not 4x4 so as not to allow use of non release skiboard bindings and require use of Spruce riser and release bindings , I thought )
    ps looking forward to riding with you, Barb and your family soon at Shredfest !

Leave a comment:

• ysb33r
    replied
    I've really enjoyed riding the Crossbows for the past 5 days. I rode in conditions from ice, slush, groomers and a little pow. I rode them straight out of the box.. centered with R*8 Receptor bindings.

I can just imagine you shredding it on Crossbows with matching loud green pants.

Leave a comment:

• rickylink
    replied
    Must buy this Skiboard

At 115.. they didn't seem long.. as compared to the Rvl8 boards I ride.
    The Crossbow is one of the best, if not the best Skiboards/ designs to drop in the past few seasons. Jeff has hit a homerun with the Crossbow.
    If you're on the fence about adding this board to your quiver, don't be. I agree with all the previous reviews but wanted to add my quick two cents.

Hit me up if you have any questions. Ricky

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by wjeong View Post
    What I don't like about riding one board all the time is that the same muscles get worked to death. If I change boards, different muscles come into play and my legs get a break. Think about how different it is between riding the XL and the Sherpa or Osprey. You can be tired after riding the XL for three days, hop on a Sherpa and feel refreshed with the stability and edge hold. On the contrary, the constant attention the Sherpa requires can be releaved by sliding sideways down a smooth groomer on an XL.
    Wendell's post is great for two reasons:

1) It's true.

2) It justifies what many of us do regardless of whether it makes any sense or not.

It's always nice when our rationalizations are based on (at least) a kernel of reality.

Leave a comment:

• Fedfan
    replied
    Not much. I'm going to get rid of the Rossignol 130. I don't need three short skis. Owning the Ethan two means it won't get ridden anymore. If we had a longer season, I would want to keep more boards. The ski season is really short. What I don't like about riding one board all the time is that the same muscles get worked to death. If I change boards, different muscles come into play and my legs get a break. Think about how different it is between riding the XL and the Sherpa or Osprey. You can be tired after riding the XL for three days, hop on a Sherpa and feel refreshed with the stability and edge hold. On the contrary, the constant attention the Sherpa requires can be releaved by sliding sideways down a smooth groomer on an XL. I have way too many boards though.
    I hadn't thought of it in those terms before, but I can think of 2 examples from my own experience that relate to that: last year at Shred Fest and this year at West Fest. Switching from RC's to Ospreys last year saved my day at Heavenly and switching from Blunts to XL's at Alta saved WF altogether for me this year. I've had issues with quad cramping these last 2 years and switching to the longer boards seemed to make a difference, at least in those 2 instances.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• wjeong
    replied
    Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
    Does this mean there's a shed cleaning coming in the near future? [emoji848]

Not much. I'm going to get rid of the Rossignol 130. I don't need three short skis. Owning the Ethan two means it won't get ridden anymore. If we had a longer season, I would want to keep more boards. The ski season is really short. What I don't like about riding one board all the time is that the same muscles get worked to death. If I change boards, different muscles come into play and my legs get a break. Think about how different it is between riding the XL and the Sherpa or Osprey. You can be tired after riding the XL for three days, hop on a Sherpa and feel refreshed with the stability and edge hold. On the contrary, the constant attention the Sherpa requires can be releaved by sliding sideways down a smooth groomer on an XL. I have way too many boards though.

Leave a comment:

• Wookie
    replied
    Wow! Your daughter is really some skier.
    She’s reckless and gifted with a high pain threshold and low center of gravity but appreciate you assuming the best. She would have made a great downhill racer if we lived in a better ski town. Alas, we live in a marginal ski area so she’ll have make the Olympics in soccer, swimming, or diving (unless she starts a late luge or skeleton career).

By the way, after today the Crossbow is the only board I really need to ride any condition on a mountain. I killed enormous amount of powder today.
    It’s the only board you really need but that doesn’t mean you need to get rid of the rest of quiver. I’ve exclusively ridden the crossbows since I got my pair until last weekend. With pretty good conditions I broke out my Revolts with Bomber bindings and confirmed that happiness is directly proportional to the number of boards in your quiver. The only thing that would make me happier is to have a personal skiboard caddy that would carry my full quiver in a golf bag and recommend boards based on conditions.

Leave a comment:

• Fedfan
    replied
    By the way, after today the Crossbow is the only board I really need to ride any condition on a mountain. I killed enormous amount of powder today.
    Does this mean there's a shed cleaning coming in the near future? [emoji848]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X