Spruce Mountain Skiboards - 115 CM Crossbow Longboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
    I too have become much more of a Spruce person than a Revel8. no that I have anything against Greco's boards, it is just that the longer boards seem to suit me better,

I no longer care about spinning around on boards, riding fakie or trying to break the sound barrier. I just want to have fun going downhill, laying carves on groomers, floating on pow in freeride zones and enjoying the eerie silence being between the trees.
    I do care about spinning around on boards - that's fun - but frankly the design of the Crossbows is such that I'm personally not really gaining much by going shorter. On my recent trip out to Tahoe I took my Crossbows and Raptors, and I was on the Crossbows the whole time except for a couple of runs on DW's Stickys. It was pretty icy in the mornings, and I was actually missing my skis and Jr skis after the Crossbows started to lose their grip on transitions. One thing I've noticed, though, is that the Crossbows seem a little more delicate. I ran over some rocks in back country and did a few runs in the park, and boy the bases and edges really took a beating. I've taken the RVL8 boards through far worse with less damage.

Comment

• Groomers: Center.
      Deep snow: Set back

My new opionion after experiments today

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
      Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
      Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
      Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

• I just took out my new Crossbows yesterday. They are pretty awesome. I feel like they are the best parts of Sticky Ickkies and the Spruce Ospreys. The Ospreys were my favorite, but I think the Crossbows beat them out. The Ospreys are awesome in powder, the Sticky Ickies excel in crap conditions, and the Crossbows are some where in the middle.

when I bought them Jeff warned me about setting them back may cause them to break. Anyone have this issue?

JW

Comment

• Glad you are enjoying the Crossbows. Yes they are great!. I rode them set back all the time and have had no breakage issues but my friend Wjeong , did crack a pair going over moguls with the rear hitting up the rear part of the riser. You can put a rubber bumper on the rear of the riser to make that less likely . You can talk to Jeff Singer at Spruce about how to do that .
          Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Zero Pro Non release Binding
          Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
          Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
          Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

• I broke down and got a pair of Crossbows and unpacked them from Santa Jeff last night. One thing I noticed is that the camber between my right and left boards differ fairly significantly. The left is at 3.5mm and the right is 7mm as measured from the same surface. I understand that there will be some variation due to small batch manufacturing, but it was immediately noticeable to my naked eye when I set them side by side. My question is, will this be an issue at all, or does it not really matter? Was going to test them out this weekend but will refrain if it's something that I should get addressed by Jeff.

Comment

• Originally posted by warreo View Post
              I broke down and got a pair of Crossbows and unpacked them from Santa Jeff last night. One thing I noticed is that the camber between my right and left boards differ fairly significantly. The left is at 3.5mm and the right is 7mm as measured from the same surface. I understand that there will be some variation due to small batch manufacturing, but it was immediately noticeable to my naked eye when I set them side by side. My question is, will this be an issue at all, or does it not really matter? Was going to test them out this weekend but will refrain if it's something that I should get addressed by Jeff.
              Recommend you just call Jeff and ask him . Excellent customer service and I am sure he will address your concerns.
              Boards :
              Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
              Boots
              K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
              Bindings:
              Zero Pro Non release Binding
              Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
              Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
              Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
              Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjue View Post

Recommend you just call Jeff and ask him . Excellent customer service and I am sure he will address your concerns.
                Thanks jjue, took your advice and reached out to Jeff. He was really patient and completely addressed the issue. Outstanding service.

Comment

Working...
                X