Spruce Mountain Skiboards - 115 CM Crossbow Longboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CAN View Post
    Thanks for the input Jack and Scott. I guess I’m one of the riders that likes the short playful boards and that’s cool with me, no fighting over the crossbows between Cindy and I.I Might have to try the Spliffs now Jack since they are in between my two go to boards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cindy is right, I definitely fall into Chad’s camp and prefer the more playful, shorter boards. I have been out a few times on the Crossbows (center mount only), and whilst they were more than competent on the groomers, I missed the fun of the Ickys.

I think my two board quiver would be Ickys and Sherpas. My custom risers fit both boards and I’m relatively happy with my boots.
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

• I’m definitely going to challenge the RC’s today as Brian head got 11 inches two nights ago and another 8 last night. Might bring the ospreys as back up, but only as last resort. Shorties are best!

64 CM Bigfoot’s
      100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
      110 CM Rockered Condors
      130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

• Wow, this thread exploded again overnight. I had to spend quite a bit catching up on everything after Cindy's post.

I too have become much more of a Spruce person than a Revel8. no that I have anything against Greco's boards, it is just that the longer boards seem to suit me better,

I went out on a pair of 94cm Allz Elailas today, primarily becasue I was bored and wanted to try something else. I did not like it al all. Allz boards are (were) straight camber boards, probably best suited to park riding. Primarily the length is too short for me and I can carve like I want to. There is just something in the Crossbows that does is for me. It's that sweet spot where one can effectively turn on one's heels.

I can understand that some people prefer the shorter and more playful lengths, which is something I noticed immediately when ebing back on the Elailas. However I don't think they will see me again. They might just become wall decorations or be used if someone shorter than me comes around who needs gain snow confidence quite quickly.

I no longer care about spinning around on boards, riding fakie or trying to break the sound barrier. I just want to have fun going downhill, laying carves on groomers, floating on pow in freeride zones and enjoying the eerie silence being between the trees.

However, WHEN we get our big snow dump this season, I might take the RCs out again to see if I still like them in powder. They have after-all been my goto boards for a long time. I still have a photo somewhere of me and Chad on a chairlift with our RCs on.

I am now at a position where my favourite boards are Crossbows and Ospreys. And incidentally I have been thinking about a travel quiver for a couple of weeks now. I don;t think I need to travel to skiboard anytime soo - I have enough of a playground where I am, but just someday I might trek west again for a skiboarding meet in the US and there is my dilemma. If I can only take one pair of boards it will have to be the Crossbows and they have the widest versaility for downhill riding.

But what if I want to do more serious backcountry riding - maybe I can still get to go out with Jack one day? For that I'll need the Ospreys. That however means that I have to also travel with two sets of boots. Everything adds up the weight for the airplane.

Maybe it is a pleasant problem to have.
        Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
        Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
        Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

• You could always borrow Ospreys from one of us. I still remember our RC lift ride together. I hadn’t rode the RCs for a couple of years but had a great time on them yesterday, made me realize I love the short boards the most.

64 CM Bigfoot’s
          100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
          110 CM Rockered Condors
          130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

• Originally posted by CAN View Post
            You could always borrow Ospreys from one of us. I still remember our RC lift ride together. I hadn’t rode the RCs for a couple of years but had a great time on them yesterday, made me realize I love the short boards the most.
            Thanks for the offer. I'll keep that in mind.

I have Ospreys with the custom direct-mounted touring set up that Jeff did for me, so it is not just a case of switching over bindings.
            Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
            Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
            Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

• Crossbow with green TYROLIA Attack² 11 very similar green color
              I ride first time on risers and dont like it, its heavy, its bulky, its hard on snow, non-release BxB AX1 feels more better

Crossbow with BxB AX1 works well
              RVL8 Receptor dont suit to Crossbow without tools, you need expand two holes up to 1-1.5mm

Crossbow with Spliff
              I check Crossbow and Spliff, its realy similar profile, Crossbow like 110-111 Spliff
              I dont like long nose and tail on Crossbow, its takes more volume for transportation, and dont need for ride, for me Crossbow 111 will be better

I cant add any photo to this forum!!!
              if I add image like this(without space) [IMG] https://flic.kr/p/2dLLtzQ [/IMG] forum dont show it
              180cm/100kg
              Icelantic Shaman 2008 161cm/12m 160/110/130mm - favorite ski
              RVL8 Spliff 2016 109cm/6.5m 155/130/155mm - favorite skiboard
              Spruce Sherpa 2017 132cm/7.2m 160/112/145mm - favorite skiboard
              Icelantic Scout 2008 143cm/12m 140/105/130mm
              Dupraz 179cm - favorite snowboard

Comment

• Spruce Mountain Skiboards - 115 CM Crossbow Longboards

Originally posted by 1806 View Post

I cant add any photo to this forum!!!
                To add photos, either use the Tapatalk app, or cut and paste the URL into the IMG /IMG format surrounded by square brackets[ ]
                Just these, nothing else !

Comment

• I am so impressed with the Crossbows that I reckon I'll order a 3rd pair should Jeff decide to produce a new batch.

I have a set of rental bindings that are mounted on a piar of Emans atm, which I can easily repurpose so that orhers also can enjoy an introduction.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
                    I am so impressed with the Crossbows that I reckon I'll order a 3rd pair should Jeff decide to produce a new batch.
                    I certainly hope there’s a new batch next year. I forced myself to hold out and now that they’re gone I’m kicking myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Toro View Post
                      I certainly hope there’s a new batch next year. I forced myself to hold out and now that they’re gone I’m kicking myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I’m with ya. Kicking myself for not jumping on it. I’m really thinking about those Sherpas...
                      Skis/Skiboards:
                      2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
                      2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
                      2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
                      2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
                      20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
                      2012 Salomon SPK 90
                      2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
                      2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

• Ospreys still rule

Originally posted by CANtoo View Post
                        I'll try, but he said it felt like too much ski. I think like Paul, he likes the liveliness of the short boards. He is the RVL8 devotee and I am more Spruce. After using XLs only last season, he pulled out the RCs instead of Ospreys for the powder and absolutely loved them even on groomers!
                        Sooooo....a little addendum. The first storm was 11 inches when Chad rode RC's and loved them, but as Chad mentioned, the next storm BH got 8 inches in addition to the 11. Brian Head's famous winds only added 1 inch of that to the base, which translates to blown off crust up top, some nice deep areas that get skiid out quickly, and sheltered areas with VERY deep drifts and pillows.
                        I started on the Ospreys with mounted bindings, thinking I'd switch to crossbows later--not a chance. It was a day for the beasts. Chad decided to stick with the RCs again, and 1st run down caught tips in a deep pillow (hard to do on RCs, especially for Chad!) When I heard him complaining, "There's too much!" as he got up, I knew then that he'll be holding onto those Ospreys forever, no matter how much of a short board devotee he is. Those rare multi-storm pileups demand setback Ospreys!
                        '07 "soft" ALPs
                        Eyeball DLPs
                        125 LEs
                        Ospreys mounted bindings
                        Crossbows
                        Spruce riser release bindings
                        Sometimes borrower of Chad's spare Blunt XLs

Comment

• Originally posted by CANtoo View Post
                          Those rare multi-storm pileups demand setback Ospreys!
                          [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          171cm/190lbs
                          Current Favorites:
                          RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
                          Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
                          Other boards I'm trying:
                          Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

• Originally posted by CANtoo View Post
                            Ok, guys, last month I stayed up way too late on a work night reading this entire thread on the Crossbows out of curiosity. By the end, I was on the Spruce Mountain site ordering a pair, so thanks a LOT!.
                            Day 1: center-mounted WITH POLES on all groomers due to no new snow. First run I felt "meh" bc they were not "fun" like the XL's (you guys know I love the ALP/DLP, but I am a recent convert to the XL's as well); however, as the legs loosened up, I found that the faster and steeper, the better these got. The little "pop" I got on the turns thanks to the camber was a lot of fun, because with that edge I could really dig in and push them without fear of sliding out. When the top of the mountain got windblown and scraped off (grrrr snowboarders!!), these held no problem.
                            Day 2: Chad tried them center. He is the slarve king, maneuvering those XL's and rockered Condors like he's barely touching the snow. Needless to say, he will NOT be borrowing these from me. Not a fan. I rode the 125 LE's and had a blast.
                            Day 3: I rode Crossbows set back in 11 inches of new snow. With almost no visibility, we stuck to trees and a lower bowl to have a reference point and avoid vertigo. The Crossbows are all that and a bag of chips in pow. They turn quickly and never get going too fast in trees (which sometimes happens to me on the Ospreys). Again, when the top of the mountain started getting to be blown off crust, the edge was still solid. On the groomer I may even prefer them set back because you can lean forward pretty aggressively and pop into powder any time you want without feeling like you'll pitch forward (PERFECT amount of rocker!)
                            Day 4: Rode these again.
                            In the end, I don't think we will ever be able to thank Jeff and Greco enough for the years of fun thanks to them engineering those risers and bindings and coming up with fabulous boards (makes it waaaay too easy to buy another pair I don't need when I can just pop my current bindings on them!) The Crossbows are a brilliant design giving stability and all-condition riding in a light, fun, comfortable (thanks to camber) package. Center mounted on groomers they felt rock-solid stable like the Sherpas but tons lighter and a little easier to turn. Even though carrying poles is a pain in the ass, these are fun riding "ski-style," and poles come in handy when it gets deep. I think they even replace my classic soft ALPs and those gorgeous eyeball DLPs. I'll probably sell those 110s, so RickyLink, you get first dibs on the softies!
                            Sold!

Rick ><)))°>
                            rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                            ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

• Originally posted by rickylink View Post
                              Sold!

Rick ><)))°>
                              Excellent! Will bring both pair to WestFest in case someone gets smitten with the DLP's as well.
                              '07 "soft" ALPs
                              Eyeball DLPs
                              125 LEs
                              Ospreys mounted bindings
                              Crossbows
                              Spruce riser release bindings
                              Sometimes borrower of Chad's spare Blunt XLs

Comment

• Originally posted by rickylink View Post
                                Sold!

Rick ><)))°>
                                Now it’s time to part with some of yours , think of me please. XL’s

I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

Working...
                                X